Logitech Harmony Touch remote pops up unannounced at Best Buy - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 10 Old 10-01-12, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-01-12, 02:20 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: Logitech Harmony Touch remote pops up unannounced at Best Buy

I had a feeling they would have a new remote out soon. A lot of places have been discounting the One and that is usually a sign that a replacement is on the way.
It will be interesting to see how this compares to the Harmony One. I am really needing to replace my Harmony 880 (buttons are failing) but not sure if I want a conventional remote or something like the Harmony Link which has a interactive TV guide.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Press Release:

Quote:
New Logitech Harmony Touch Gives You Unprecedented Control of Your Home Entertainment

Advanced Logitech Universal Remote Lets You Swipe, Scroll and Tap Using a Color Touch-Screen and 50 Customizable Icons

NEWARK, Calif. - Oct. 3, 2012 Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced the next generation of its award-winning line of Harmony® remotes, the Logitech Harmony® Touch. This premium advanced universal remote gives you customization with an intuitive color touch-screen for unprecedented control of your home-entertainment system.

Designed to make finding your preferred entertainment as easy as possible, the Logitech Harmony Touch lets you add, remove and re-order up to 50 favorite channel icons from your respective cable or satellite provider right on its vibrant 2.4-inch color touch-screen. After simple online setup, you and your family can access all your favorite channels with a simple tap, swipe or scroll, removing the hassle of memorizing channel numbers and scrolling through lengthy on-screen guides. You can personalize the experience to quickly and easily find all of your favorite entertainment – from TV and movies to games and music – with one touch.

"The Logitech Harmony Touch represents the next evolution for the universal remote," said Joerg Tewes, vice president of Logitech's digital home business group. "Today, people prize convenience and want home-entertainment systems that are impressive and easy to use. With this in mind, Logitech designed a remote that makes it simple for people to customize their experience, and feel in control of their systems like never before."

This remote's ergonomically sculpted shape and streamlined button layout present a sleek, minimalist design that enhances the look of your living room. Plus, its low-profile keys are backlit so you can easily navigate your favorite entertainment, even in the dark.
The Logitech Harmony Touch is compatible with more than 225,000 home-entertainment devices and more than 5,000 brands, and it can control as many as 15 devices. And its included charging station keeps your remote powered and within reach so it's ready to go, no matter the activity.

Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Harmony Touch is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in October 2012, for a suggested retail price of $249.99. For more information please visit www.logitech.com or our blog.
post #4 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
post #5 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 07:14 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

OK after watching that video I think this needs to be my next remote. I really like the idea of touch screen gestures and having the channels on the screen.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 08:18 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
OK after watching that video I think this needs to be my next remote. I really like the idea of touch screen gestures and having the channels on the screen.
+1 - that looks super handy!
post #7 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 08:28 AM
Shackster

John

My System
I can see having one of these in the near future. Time to upgrade from the 700.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 10:44 AM
Senior Shackster

Jim

My System

I like the fact it sits in the upright position,many times i've laid the one in its cradle only to find out the next day it did not charge.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-03-12, 01:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Silly Girl!

Wonder if a RF version is coming. I have a 900 and use RF to control my equipment at the back of the room. IR does not work since the room is blacked out.

Hug your pet today!
post #10 of 10 Old 10-05-12, 08:58 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

No RF, no buy.