Creating a rumble in the subwoofer world: Power Sound Audio follows-up an exciting first year with big news about new models (XV30f, Triax) - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 53 Old 05-31-13, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Re: Creating a rumble in the subwoofer world: Power Sound Audio follows-up an exciting first year with big news about new models (XV30f, Triax)

Power Sound Audio just released this update on their Facebook page:

We added photographs of the finish options for the Triax. The photos are all clickable to show a more detailed view of each finish option. We also added a technical drawing to show the Triax subwoofer dimensions. Click on the link and see how compact a subwoofer can be with three 15" high excursion drivers.

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/blogs...5-triax-update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 Old 05-31-13, 12:37 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System
Re: Creating a rumble in the subwoofer world: Power Sound Audio follows-up an exciting first year with big news about new models (XV30f, Triax)

I fixed those links so the actual image will display in the post.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
post #23 of 53 Old 05-31-13, 02:11 PM
Shackster

Shaun

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I fixed those links so the actual image will display in the post.
Thanks a bunch Sonnie.
post #24 of 53 Old 05-31-13, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
ShaunH wrote: View Post
No problem. I wanted to embed the pictures. But I ran out of upload capacity.

I gotta say as I said on AVS. Thankfully I can't afford this right now. Because the choice between Cordovan Cherry, American Cherry and Espresso I would be unable to make a choice they all look great. I can't wait to see actually veneered enclosures.
No doubt. They are going to look fantastic.
post #25 of 53 Old 05-31-13, 06:25 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

They all look great but that Cordovan Cherry is calling out my name.

BeeMan458 wrote:

It's easier for you to prove I'm crazy than it is for me to prove I'm not.
post #26 of 53 Old 06-10-13, 12:32 PM
Senior Shackster

Don

My System

I like black, I also except donations Would love to feel one of those bad boys...

So far,
this is the oldest
i've ever been.
post #27 of 53 Old 06-10-13, 04:42 PM
Senior Shackster

morca

Looks very good !!!

Simulation is no substitute for thought.
post #28 of 53 Old 06-13-13, 01:06 AM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOWW!!! WOW ow ow ow...

8000watt peak - we are talking about a 30amp dedicated circuit..., right? If I could get the door to open one of those sound pressure waves would toss me thru the doorway onto the lawn like a Frisbee.

I mean if I were watching a great Steve Irwin scene of a crock's low rumble mating call..., all the female crocodiles would be migrating north to Maine wouldn't they!!!

I mean..., Wow! I do want one... OK, maybe two. But you don't have to play them loud.

We believe everything we tell ourselves..., don't we??
post #29 of 53 Old 06-13-13, 09:50 PM
Shackster

Shaun

Quote:
Gregr wrote: View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOWW!!! WOW ow ow ow...

8000watt peak - we are talking about a 30amp dedicated circuit..., right? If I could get the door to open one of those sound pressure waves would toss me thru the doorway onto the lawn like a Frisbee.

I mean if I were watching a great Steve Irwin scene of a crock's low rumble mating call..., all the female crocodiles would be migrating north to Maine wouldn't they!!!

I mean..., Wow! I do want one... OK, maybe two. But you don't have to play them loud.
Actually you can run the Triax on a 15A circuit. Tom has mentioned the speaker power amp will do 4kw for about 5 to 6 seconds (RMS).

Last edited by ShaunH; 06-13-13 at 09:53 PM. Reason: fixed missing word
post #30 of 53 Old 06-14-13, 10:22 AM
Senior Shackster
Bud

My System

I want one. I WANT ONE. I will stop yelling now. This looks like the real deal. I have to wonder how it is gonna stack up against the submersive and the new JTR sub. WOW. Things are looking up.