SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000 - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 31 Old 01-23-14, 09:49 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Is the room enclosed?

That's a large space.

Obviously you'd want to bounce this off the experts at SVS, but I *think* you might be better off going with the dual subs. Your response will be more even across the room (assuming you place them appropriately). Check with SVS and report back... I'd be interested in hearing their response...
Yes the room is enclosed. I will ask them and see what they think about it. Originally I was thinking that I could buy one and then sometime in the future buy another one to help spread the cost but I see that if you buy two at the same time they give you a $100 discount. Decisions decisions..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 01-23-14, 11:41 AM
Senior Shackster

Rich

I got the PB12NSD less than a year ago. I wonder if it would be worth it to take them up on their trade up policy. What do you guys think? I am very happy with my sub.
post #23 of 31 Old 02-02-14, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Greenster wrote: View Post
I got the PB12NSD less than a year ago. I wonder if it would be worth it to take them up on their trade up policy. What do you guys think? I am very happy with my sub.
As long as you are within one year of your purchase then you have the option to upgrade to the PB-2000. You get a 5% returning customer discount on the new sub (PB-2000) purchase and you will have to pay shipping on PB-12 NSD. I did that recently and very happy with my new dual PB-2000s in exchange of six months old dual PB-12 NSDs. You can actually audition PB-2000 at your home and compare it with PB-12 NSD side by side before you decide which ones to keep but I am pretty confident that you will like PB-2000 over PB-12 NSD

Feel free to email me if any specific questions.
post #24 of 31 Old 02-20-14, 08:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Rich

I went ahead and ordered the new PB-2000. I have the Pb12-NSD right now and totally love it but the new PB-2000 looks to be all around better. Wow! I cant wait to get the new one. I will post my thoughts when I get the new one broken it a bit.
post #25 of 31 Old 02-20-14, 10:55 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

You guys are killing me ....I've had my dual Pb12-NSD's for 3 months. I thought about upgrading to the PB-2000 but i'm weary about reboxing and shipping these monsters back

Greenster / SubAholic what did the return shipping cost for you, and who did you ship through.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...ter-build.html
post #26 of 31 Old 02-21-14, 09:33 PM
Senior Shackster

Rich

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post
You guys are killing me ....I've had my dual Pb12-NSD's for 3 months. I thought about upgrading to the PB-2000 but i'm weary about reboxing and shipping these monsters back

Greenster / SubAholic what did the return shipping cost for you, and who did you ship through.
Just call SVS.

They set it all up for me through FedEx. It cost me $100 to switch mine with shipping. I am just excited for 1100 watts vs 800 watts. yum yum..

btw they were awesome to deal with.. Thanks SVS
post #27 of 31 Old 02-26-14, 10:30 PM

I had duals so it cost me $100 to return duals PB12-NSDs and $100 to cover shipment on the new dual PB-2000s. Total of $200 but ended up with new and improved PB-2000 models. I am pretty happy with the exchange.
post #28 of 31 Old 02-28-14, 10:56 AM
Senior Shackster

Rich

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-4236615094.jpg

Look what came from FedEx.
post #29 of 31 Old 02-28-14, 11:00 AM

Congrats! You will love it....
post #30 of 31 Old 02-28-14, 04:19 PM
Senior Shackster

Rich

I though I would post my initial impressions of the PB2000 vs the PB-12NSD. I must say that I have loved the PD-12NSD and would never have upgraded to the PB2000 had they not offered me an upgrade option. Trusting SVS I expect the newer sub to be even that much better than my older one.

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-1871426697.jpg

Here is a shot of them side by side. New vs old. Notice how they have changed the port and driver location. They are both the exact same size.

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-1062202292.jpg

One new feature that I have noticed on the PB2000 is the location of the light. It is now on the front and personally I do not like it here. While Watching movies in my theater, the light glares bright blue at you. I plan on covering it up with some electrical tape. The PB-12NSD light is on the back and never noticed until it flashes at its limit.

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-3205431701.jpg

Here is a shot of finish. I kind of like the finish on the PD12-NSD a little bit better but they are both so close.

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-1011818683.jpg

This I a sot of the front covers. Notice how the PB2000 is curved a little bit more. I did notice that when I was pushing the PB-12NSD there was some port noise caused by the cover.
The logo was changed a little bit as well. Also the pins used to mount it to the sub are bigger.

SVS Sound Announces Two New Subwoofers: SB-2000 and PB-2000-image-3869708467.jpg

Here is a shot of the amps. They are a little bit different. Again I like the light on the back of the sub vs the front.

I had a chance to hook both subs up to my system. One in each front corner. I did not have a chance to the PB2000 calibrated but it did turn it up to about the same level as my old sub. Playing Star Wars attack of the clones, I did notice how much smoother the bass seemed to fill the room. I did notice that the bass in the room is better with two subs. I will have to get a second PB2000 when I get the money for one.

I did not have a chance to break the new sub in yet and I plan on giving an up date as to how the new sub compares to my old when I get a chance.