Samsung Releases 2014 Product Information, Part 1 - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 17 Old 03-30-14, 02:43 AM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf
Re: Samsung Releases 2014 Product Information, Part 1

I don't care for the idea of a curved screen. My issue is what will it do to the sound in the room?? Would it not act as a focusing lenses type device in the room really messing up the sound stage.

The screen will effect the sound in the room when it is flat and normally not in a good way curved I am very unsure of at this point.

Someone would need to measure the master seat with something like REW and then place the curved screen in and measure again to see what will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 03-30-14, 08:05 AM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

As part of our evaluation process to be included in the Shootout we'll be very carefully testing the HU8550 and HU9000 to see how the HU9000 two additional features effect the picture performance.

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
post #13 of 17 Old 04-01-14, 06:09 PM
Shackster

I think the curved sounds great if your sitting in the sweet spot in the perfect placed chair. I am a lazy fat bastard with a bad back. I like to lie down allot and that takes me out of the sweet spot albeit I might move things around and have a better theater if I could afford one of these things but I tend to watch have my movies from a laying down position to be honest. Anyone else?

I think I would hold back my judgment on the curved until I actually see one real life. What I think I really want is one of these beasts for pc gaming, shooters. to be really immersive, or save a ton of money and get an occulus rift.
post #14 of 17 Old 04-08-14, 12:33 PM
Shackster

Well I just ordered a UN65HU9000 and I should be receiving it within the week or so and Iíll provide an opinion based on the Elite Pro-150FD that it will be replacing. Weíll see as those are some tall shoes to fill!
post #15 of 17 Old 04-08-14, 01:03 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

BamaDave, congrats! You will love Samsung's 65" HU9000. After receiving our first allocation of 55" HU9000 and wall mounting it last week on our showroom's Shootout wall we loved it so much I took home the 65" big brother.

Not sure which TV we'll upgrade as I love all of our current TVs.

Enjoy!

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
post #16 of 17 Old 04-08-14, 05:20 PM
Shackster

Thanks Rob! After looking at the concerns detailed in this thread and based that the new version will mount on a standard wall mount (as opposed to the OLED) in conjunction mounting it on a CLO Systems X-Arm Iím feeling confident that it will make us happy.
post #17 of 17 Old 04-08-14, 05:28 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

I agree^^. We're likely wall mounting our UN65HU9000 on an articulating mount in our family room.

We've tested this TV and it's defiantly going into our 2014 Ultra HD Shootout evaluation event. This Saturday Kevin Miller and my staff are evaluating Samsung's UN65HU8550 for consideration to be included in the competition evaluation. Kevin will also calibrate the HU8550 for Cal Day, Cal Night and 3D.

It would be unusual for any single manufacturer to have two LCD/LED Ultra HD TVs included in our Shootout.

-Robert

Personal equipment: