MiniDSP Releases New Room Correction Solutions with Dirac Live (DDRC-22A and DDRC-22D_ - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 66 Old 04-22-14, 04:31 AM
Senior Shackster

Re: MiniDSP Releases New Room Correction Solutions with Dirac Live (DDRC-22A and DDRC-22D_

Quote:
Phillips wrote: View Post
Thank you

Can i just connect the headphones output to the receiver and use the CD player?
Yes you can, but if possible there are laptops where the headphone output can alternatively work as a SPDIF output (miniTOSLINK) directly i.e. acer aspire 5100 or with an adapter

Quote:
Do i setup Dirac up like i would for REW for test signals?
Setup instructions fot testing Dirac Live here: http://diracdocs.com/DiracLiveStereo...nual_1.0.4.pdf
setup instructions for Dirac Series miniDSP are different: http://www.minidsp.com/images/docume...r%20Manual.pdf

Quote:
Does Dirac EQ full range 0 - 20,000hz?
Dirac Live is a full range impulse and frequency response correction 20 - 20.000 Hz

Quote:
Also time align each driver or just as a whole speaker?
The complete response of the speaker is time aligned with different delays across the spectrum in order to reach an optimal impulse response, so in essence this will mean that each driver is time aligned

Flavio

Warning: I may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Last edited by Flak; 04-22-14 at 04:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 Old 04-24-14, 07:12 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: MiniDSP Releases New Room Correction Solutions with Dirac Live (DDRC-22A and DDRC-22D_

Is there a chance that the DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core 2.0 can be added for comparisons.

If so please can you use the Antimode features, Manual EQ, tilt, etc.
post #33 of 66 Old 04-24-14, 07:15 PM
Elite Shackster

I think i will wait for the review + is there going to be any distributors in countries or is only Minidsp the supplier?
post #34 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 05:21 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Phillips wrote: View Post
I think i will wait for the review + is there going to be any distributors in countries or is only Minidsp the supplier?
I don't know, you should ask miniDSP

Ciao, Flavio

post #35 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 05:58 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Flavio... help me wrap my head around using the digital model... DDRC-22D.

OPPO 105 >>to>> DDRC-22D >>to>> Onkyo 3010 receiver via digital cables.

This would be for two-channel music listening only. For Blu-ray movies/home theater, I have the following:

OPPO 105 >>to>> Onkyo 3010 via HDMI... and I let Audyssey XT32 do the duties.

I just switch between inputs on my Onkyo 3010 depending on what I am listening to.

My question... would it be preferable to leave Audyssey engaged and let the DDRC-22D go behind Audyssey and clean up the response even more... or disable Audyssey for the DDRC-22D input and only allow the DDRC-22D to do all the response filtering?

Thanks!
post #36 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 06:03 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf
Too many devices trying to alter a signal is not the best idea I would personally use it on it's own the the Onkyo's room correction off.

One may do something bad like lower something a little too much and the next one will raise it back up.
post #37 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 06:18 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Good point, although I was thinking the DDRC-22D would be seeing a fairly flat response from Audyssey, so it would not have to do much would it?

I was thinking of getting the best of both worlds with the different way they filter the response, but maybe it ain't necessarily the optimal path to take.
post #38 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 06:20 PM
Senior Shackster
John

My System
Send a message via Skype™ to phazewolf
Try it both ways can't hurt.
post #39 of 66 Old 04-25-14, 06:46 PM
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator

I'm a redneck!

My System

Yeah... could do that. I can see what is happening with everything using REW. Set up a couple of different filter configs and switch between them by using the coaxial and optical inputs/outputs on the DDRC-22D and having two different inputs setup on the 3010.
post #40 of 66 Old 04-26-14, 05:20 AM
Senior Shackster

Yes Sonnie
I'm with phazewolf, I would disengage Audyssey when using Dirac Live.

Good listenings (and measurements of course)

Thanks for your time,
Flavio

p.s. I've just read the news so I'm editing my post... you've done a terrific job for all of us with HTS (which has become a reference thanks to the two of you) and everybody will miss you, but all the best with SVS now

Last edited by Flak; 04-26-14 at 06:00 AM.