Onkyo Hits the Summer with High-End Gear (TX-NR3030, TX-NR1030, PR-SC5530) - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 04:53 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
You are right tony. And your onk is probably twice the rcvr any of his sonys were/are. Ppl don't care either. I was in a position to sell tv's for awhile. You wouldn't believe how many times I heard, "as long as it's LED, and at least 120hz" why is that sir? "My son in law told me"... Good thing I had a barf bag in my uniform. Some ppl do care, but just enough to ask someone else for a quick answer. For me, I think I want it to matter to others because it does matter to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 05:19 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
I'm not here to defend or criticize Onkyo's decision, but I just don't think that many people outside the "enthusiast" circle care about room correction in their HT. Of all the people I know who own an AVR with room correction capability, none of them have actually set up the mic and done the calibration. This includes guys that are tech savvy and put time into researching their gear (and are aware that the calibration/room correction features are there). I have also generally observed that they will set their speakers and sub down where it's convenient and never move them again. Everyone's circle of friends is different I guess, but nobody I know outside the forum could care less about room correction.
. This includes guys that are tech savvy and put time into researching their gear (and are aware that the calibration/room correction features are there).

Why would anyone who is tech savvy and spent time researching not fully utilize their purchased product?
post #43 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 07:13 PM
Senior Shackster

I'll do it later when the wife or the kids are not around.... ( it's gonna take 20-30 minutes )

......2 years later.......

why didn't I do this earlier it sounds so good now.

I'm just saying.... I'm just saying

post #44 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 07:28 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Good one magic. I don't think you're too far off!
post #45 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 07:55 PM
HTS Reviewer

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Why would anyone who is tech savvy and spent time researching not fully utilize their purchased product?
A good question that probably applies to any type of electronics. How many people calibrate their TV rather than assuming default settings are best?
post #46 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 07:59 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
A good question that probably applies to any type of electronics. How many people calibrate their TV rather than assuming default settings are best?
Sounds like we need a poll!!
post #47 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 08:04 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
This is a good question. People not like us? Zero. Fwiw, I've used the spears and munsil cal disk on every persons display in my family, and what ever friends would let me. Lol. All were glad to have it done. I know it's not the same, but if I can make even one persons experience better, it's worth the time. The hard part is explaining why it's needs a calibration in the first place. This is my own analogy, but the arguments are similar to, buying a new car and having some 3rd party guy come and tune it up for a size-able fraction of the cost. I personally think it's stupid that tvs aren't correct when you get them home.
post #48 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 08:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post

Sounds like we need a poll!!
Problem is the networks don't all look the same. So you could be adjusting for FOX but NBC now is washed out or vice versa

Hdmi stopped the individual channel tweaking for me. It won't let you.
post #49 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 08:11 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
I personally think it's stupid that tvs aren't correct when you get them home.
That's why I bought mine from Robert at Value Electronics!
post #50 of 101 Old 07-10-14, 08:23 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
That's why I bought mine from Robert at Value Electronics!
Touché! The best we've got is BB. The boneheads in my store can't even spell ISF...:-(