Prepare Your Systems...Dobly Atmos is Primed to Invade on Blu-ray - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 17 Old 09-24-14, 10:35 AM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Re: Prepare Your Systems...Dobly Atmos is Primed to Invade on Blu-ray

Thanks for correcting my typo on the Denon model #, which I corrected in my post above.

Regarding Atmos content, I would expect we'll see many of the 2012, 2013 and 20114 Atoms movies to be reissued with Atmos audio. The studios are motivated to re-encode for Atmos on existing titles to generate more disc sales.

I also expect we'll see all new Hollywood Atmos movies to have Atmos on them as they release in BD. In my conversations with Dolby execs they tell me to also expect much of the streamed movies to include Atmos audio.

We have two of our showroom demo rooms upgraded to Atmos and we're expecting to receive today a few of Dolby's Atmos demo discs and Pioneer's CEDIA Atmos demo disc. So if all goes as planned we'll be enjoying some reference Atmos demo materials by the end of the day!

Regarding the Atmos upgrade investment, it's a buyers choice. I would certainly have all new surround sound installations "Atmos ready" with at least the pre-wire run. We've done that for a few of our most recent clients. And to those who have existing systems; take it on a case by case evaluation to determine if the labor and speaker costs are reasonable.

Content is defiantly coming and we should see a substantial surge of Atmos enabled content by the end of this year.

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Video: 2 theaters, Sony's VPL-VW5000ES, 2nd theater, JVC RS66
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
Audio receivers: Pioneer Elite, SC-09; Denon, AVR-7200WA, Marantz SR7011
Pre-pro: Marantz AV8802A w/7&5 ch amps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 09-25-14, 07:02 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

Still at work as I just can't go home and don't know if I can ever leave my store.... Dolby Atmos is in the house!

After a hard week of begging all of our suppliers to get all of the equipment and software upgrades, BD demo discs and pushing our staff to get two of our showroom demo rooms completely set up we are finally enjoying the amazing Dolby Atmos multidimensional audio in our theater and main showroom.

The experience is very enveloping and engaging. One clip is Enrique Iglesias in a music video that has us all dancing and singling along. The rain forest had us all scrambling for umbrellas and rain coats.

This is as much fun and serious entertainment that anyone can possibly ask for.

Tomorrow is our first public Atmos demo day and we'll be inviting all of our walk in folks to experience the bleeding edge in real immersive movie theater and real life entertainment.

Seeing our Marantz SR7009 light up with the words Dolby Atmos gave me a chill.

Enjoy!

-Robert

Value Electronics, Authorized Factory Direct dealers for LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, Elite, Denon, Marantz, Krell, OPPO, Sonance, Definitive Technology, Artison, Leon Speaker Systems & more

Personal equipment:
Family room LG 65" G6 OLED, Gym KRP-500M, Bedroom 65" B6 OLEED, Living room Panasonic 65" VX300
post #13 of 17 Old 09-26-14, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
Robert Zohn wrote: View Post
Still at work as I just can't go home and don't know if I can ever leave my store.... Dolby Atmos is in the house!

After a hard week of begging all of our suppliers to get all of the equipment and software upgrades, BD demo discs and pushing our staff to get two of our showroom demo rooms completely set up we are finally enjoying the amazing Dolby Atmos multidimensional audio in our theater and main showroom.

The experience is very enveloping and engaging. One clip is Enrique Iglesias in a music video that has us all dancing and singling along. The rain forest had us all scrambling for umbrellas and rain coats.

This is as much fun and serious entertainment that anyone can possibly ask for.

Tomorrow is our first public Atmos demo day and we'll be inviting all of our walk in folks to experience the bleeding edge in real immersive movie theater and real life entertainment.

Seeing our Marantz SR7009 light up with the words Dolby Atmos gave me a chill.

Enjoy!

-Robert
Very cool...

Can you detail the set-up? Do you have in-the-ceiling speakers? Or are you using atoms modules?
post #14 of 17 Old 09-26-14, 08:55 AM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

We have two Atmos demo rooms completed. The Atmos demo pictured above is in our main showroom and uses a combination of Atmos modules for our Def Tech BP8060 bi polar towers plus two in-ceiling 8" speakers and two wall mounted rear channels, plus the center channel. So in our main showroom we're literally "Bouncing off of the ceiling!" All powered by Marantz's new flagship SR7009 and OPPO's BDP-103.

In our dedicated theater demo room we have four overhead 8" in-ceiling speakers, three in-wall front speakers, two sides, two surround backs and two rears, plus three subs. Denon's AVR-X5200 and OPPO's BDP-103 are the backbone.

Both Atmos systems deliver exceptional Atmos performance, but the dedicated theater is the better system.

This is very serious fun.

-Robert

Personal equipment:

Last edited by Robert Zohn; 09-27-14 at 10:06 AM. Reason: fixed typo and upgraded our theater receiver
post #15 of 17 Old 09-30-14, 09:52 PM

robert, how do we get the dolby atmos demo discs? I've been searching for them to no avail.
post #16 of 17 Old 09-30-14, 11:38 PM
HTS Sponsor

Industry Insider

I got ours from Dolby at the CEDIA show. Sorry I don't have any extras left, but we're trying to get a few to give away at our media/public press conference event. Are you near Scarsdale, NY?

-Robert

Personal equipment:
post #17 of 17 Old 09-30-14, 11:41 PM

Robert, i'm about 2 hours away from scarsdale. Let me know when you might have some in store and i'll be sure to swing by. I tried it with the pioneer speaker setup at bestbuy... absolutely blown away! they didnt have a copy of the bluray to try at home though.