My Fourth and Final Theatre - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

13Likes

post #31 of 38 Old 08-05-16, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System
Re: My Fourth and Final Theatre

Thanks Tonto..You and me both!..I have movies I haven't seen yet!

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-29-16, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

I've been very slack with my updates..and quite a lot has happened since my last post...

I found a Handyman / Builder in my area who's been working on the theatre with me..He's experienced in a lot of different kinds work and so far has..

Painted the walls..

Cut out the holes in the ceiling tray for the downlights..

Run the wiring for the downlights..

Cut a small hole in the back wall to pass the speaker wires through to the equipment rack in the next room..

Run all the wiring for the front speakers..

He's coming out again next Monday to cut the hole in the back wall for the projector mount..and fit the cable channel to the skirting boards to hold the speaker wires than run to the equipment rack..

Here's a few updated shots of the room..Sorry about the poor quality prints..My cheapy camera is on it's last legs..

Also the actual wall colour is dark grey..

Tonto, chrapladm and ellisr63 like this.

Prof..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #33 of 38 Old 12-11-16, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

I've been a bit slack with my updates.. The front of the theatre is now finished!..
Here's some of the current photos..

Because the room is so short, I'm not able to get a photo showing the full width of the room without a wide angle lens..

A hole has now been cut in the back wall to take the projector..
All the speakers are wired up and there's just a few more connections to be made and the cables tidied up..
Hopefully I'll be up and running in the next couple of weeks!
ellisr63 and thrillcat like this.

Prof..

post #34 of 38 Old 12-11-16, 08:00 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Looking good, Prof! I still love those segmented panels. Screen looks great. Have you watched much material yet?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

- OJ -

post #35 of 38 Old 12-12-16, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Thanks very much Owen...

The framing that's now on the front of the panels will hold curved diffuser panels..Panels have been made and I just have to get some curvature into them before fitting..

Haven't watched any movies yet..Waiting till everything else is finished..I now have 5 new movies that I haven't seen yet to choose from!..

Prof..

post #36 of 38 Old 12-22-16, 09:13 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Prof, I know you're working on something there... holding out for a big reveal for us?

- OJ -

post #37 of 38 Old 12-26-16, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Lol!..No just slacking off..I finally got everything working and of course, watched a movie, then another and then...well you know how it goes!..So everything came to a halt..

In all fairness though..my builder is taking a break, so not much more happening for awhile..In the meantime I can finish off a bit of painting here and there..
I'm hoping I can show some finished photos soon..

Prof..

post #38 of 38 Old 12-27-16, 09:48 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Well then chip away at the details and show us pics when you have them. And in the meantime, enjoy it!!

Hope you had a merry Christmas.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

- OJ -