Theater Room Upgrades - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

9Likes

post #31 of 41 Old 07-07-16, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Theater Room Upgrades

Progress has slowed. The new power amp hasn't been delivered yet. All the screens to fit around the projection screen have been completed. Initial cut at the remote programming is complete. Electrical is complete, wiring is at 90%. Speakers, subs, and current Power amplifiers are in place.

After dark the room is so dark you can't see your hand.

Maybe next week.....
Attached Thumbnails
Theater Room Upgrades-image.jpg  

thrillcat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 07-19-16, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Work is crazy. Progress has been made. Should be running by the weekend. Rack and processor. And amplifiers lines up between the subwoofers.
Attached Thumbnails
Theater Room Upgrades-image_1468978611180.jpg  

Theater Room Upgrades-image_1468978668863.jpg  

post #33 of 41 Old 07-23-16, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Room is 95% complete. We do have some remote programming left to accomplish. I have spent the day watching movies. I am very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Theater Room Upgrades-image_1469324537503.jpg  

Theater Room Upgrades-image_1469324554963.jpg  

Theater Room Upgrades-image_1469324578193.jpg  

tripplej and thrillcat like this.
post #34 of 41 Old 07-24-16, 01:05 AM
Elite Shackster

Very nice setup. The chairs look great. I am sure they are very comfy. Looks like some of the chairs have tables or something to hold snacks possibly. I am sure you will get great enjoyment in that room. Thanks for sharing.

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #35 of 41 Old 07-24-16, 07:37 PM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Beautiful room. Would love to watch a flick in there! A+!
post #36 of 41 Old 07-25-16, 01:06 AM
Shackster

Alan

Great room, seating is really nice too. I bet you love watching movies in that room.

Fame is a mask that eats into the face
post #37 of 41 Old 08-23-16, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

After living with the new theater for several weeks we decided to go back and upgrade the three front speakers. The Emotiva speakers are out and brand new Monitor Audio Gold are going in in the next couple of days. The Monitor Audio surrounds we had installed sounded better than the mains. HA! It should be a significant upgrade for the audio.
ellisr63 likes this.
post #38 of 41 Old 08-24-16, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

The Monitor Audio Gold 300's (mains) and 350 (center channel) were installed last night. I am expecting a significant period for break in of these speakers but we can already hear details we have never heard before. This is especially true in voices.

Listening to Diana Krall Live in Paris we immediately heard a lower octave in her voice I had never heard before. Almost a huskiness. When she presses the piano pedal, you can hear the wood thump. The sound stage is also significantly larger. In sampling a few movies, we can hear words starting and ending where the air begins to pass thru the actors lips and teeth. We hear these details with every sound. A car door shutting, a chair sliding across the floor, a book being placed on a table.... We are hearing sound details I have never heard in a home theater before. The realism is beyond almost indescribable. I can't wait until the speakers have a couple 100 hours on them!!
post #39 of 41 Old 08-24-16, 05:43 AM
Shackster

Alan

Congrats Hank, I am glad you are happy with them mate.Its always good having something new to be able to compare to your old, and speakers are a classic example.Its also good that you are able to hear a big change in detail of vocal compared to your previous speakers. I think they should get a little better with time once they are run in as do most speakers of good quality.I am looking forward to viewing my new projector and can imagine how you feel now. Congrats mate and enjoy.
post #40 of 41 Old 08-24-16, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
drummerboy1962 wrote: View Post
Congrats Hank, I am glad you are happy with them mate.Its always good having something new to be able to compare to your old, and speakers are a classic example.Its also good that you are able to hear a big change in detail of vocal compared to your previous speakers. I think they should get a little better with time once they are run in as do most speakers of good quality.I am looking forward to viewing my new projector and can imagine how you feel now. Congrats mate and enjoy.
Thanks. Good luck with the projector.