Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1 - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

28Likes

post #11 of 34 Old 07-30-16, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Re: Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Wow. I love your wife.
This is gonna be fun to watch. Not a soundbar in sight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She's a keeper! And soundbars...it's amazing what some people try to pass off as home theater...ha ha ha.

Frederick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 Old 07-30-16, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Made a little more progress on the room today. All the old trim and wall paneling is down. I'll be pulling apart the bay window shelf tomorrow and lowering this to a comfortable seating level (indicated by the red line), and adding custom cushions and backrest. This is really just for spill-over seating, not everyday use...extra cushion and fabric should tame the room a bit more acoustically. The remaining volume below the seat is stuffed full of fiberglass, and i'm thinking i may cover that area with homasote and acoustic carpeting instead of sheet-rock to let this act as a bit of a bass trap...again, every bit will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1-baywinlesstrim.jpg  

Frederick
post #13 of 34 Old 07-31-16, 01:47 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Very nice, I would also load up that front wall to ease the reflection off those bricks. Are your subs going to be front firing?
post #14 of 34 Old 07-31-16, 07:28 PM

Ron

My System

This is going to be a great build!
UreiCollector likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #15 of 34 Old 07-31-16, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Very nice, I would also load up that front wall to ease the reflection off those bricks. Are your subs going to be front firing?
Front wall will be a "false wall"...speakers will all fire directly into the room, there will be 3x 18" subs across the lower front. I'll be sheetrocking the face, and based on acoustic measurements I'll decide if i need to fill the voids with sand or something else. I had contemplated removing the fireplace, but the extra effort for 6 inches of room depth wasn't worth it...and this leaves me with a potential selling point should i sell the house down the road.

This will be similar to the room I had back in 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1-lhup.jpg  

Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1-lhdown.jpg  

tripplej and ellisr63 like this.

Frederick
post #16 of 34 Old 07-31-16, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Today was a productive day. Shelf was stripped out, and I'm almost done framing up the new seat. Of course there was a run of romex running through the wall that I now need to relocate, but it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1-baywinseatframe.jpg  

Frederick

Last edited by UreiCollector; 07-31-16 at 08:48 PM. Reason: additional thoughts
post #17 of 34 Old 08-08-16, 03:36 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Looks like this is going to be a great room. So the front wall is a full solid baffle wall with the speakers installed in it, right? (vs. a false wall framed out and covered in acoustic cloth, with the speakers behind) The old theatre looked really nice, and I bet it sounded fantastic. Keep up the good work!

- OJ -
DIY Ported Original Tempest Sub (offline)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY XLR to RCA cables (offline)

post #18 of 34 Old 08-14-16, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
Looks like this is going to be a great room. So the front wall is a full solid baffle wall with the speakers installed in it, right? (vs. a false wall framed out and covered in acoustic cloth, with the speakers behind) The old theatre looked really nice, and I bet it sounded fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Correct, this will be a full wall...2x6 construction with sheetrock face, and the Urei's will be soffit mounted. I'll be measuring everything with CLIO once the room is put together, and treating problems as i find them...damping resonances in sheetrock, etc.

The old room was nice, but this new room is going to be better...more acoustic treatments this time, and with the adjacent room, i'll have a far more manageable front to back standing wave to deal with.
ellisr63 likes this.
post #19 of 34 Old 08-14-16, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
...So the front wall is a full solid baffle wall with the speakers installed in it, right? (vs. a false wall framed out and covered in acoustic cloth, with the speakers behind)...
Thanks for the correction on this being a full baffle, and not a false wall...I definitely misused the term.

Frederick
post #20 of 34 Old 08-14-16, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

UreiCollector

Work has been insanely busy...and it's been in the 90's with high humidity, so I haven't been working on the room as much as I should. Anyways...I did get a little work done this weekend. The seat height in the bay window is far more comfortable now.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of Relyea Cinema 1-baywindowframedstuffed.jpg  

ellisr63 and willis7469 like this.

Frederick