Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Center Channel mount: flush vs angled bracket.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Andre 
#1 ·
I have a HT system consisting of Boston CR77 Left and Right, CR67 satellites and CRC7 center channel. I like how well matched it is, but as I'm finally doing a permanent install in a new living room, I'm curious about which option you think is preferable. There is some built in room correction with Audessey 2eq.

The CRC7 center speaker has a passive radiator, and includes a keyhole for flush mounting, but is also compatible with Boston's CRB bracket, which sets the speaker a couple inches off the wall and allows for angling. I'm trying to decide between 2 options:

Option A: Keyhole mount
+ less back wall interference
- not able to angle

Option B: CRB Bracket mount
+ able to angle 10° downwards toward viewing position
- further from wall= more back wall interference

#2 ·
I would go for B.
The "amount" of interference does not change per se. The speaker radiates exactly the same amount of sound energy backwards, wrapping around the face/baffle. It's the slight difference in distance and hence time before reflecting off wall, that will shift the interference to different (lower) frequencies.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.