Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Rasco's Temple of Boom

46K views 194 replies 41 participants last post by  minorc 
#1 · (Edited)
Cimarron Falls Cineplex

This thread is actually a merging of two other threads. My original Cimarron Falls Cineplex idea and a construction thread that shows the changes as they have evolved. I came back to this original post in hopes of showing a time line of the changes. So, here is where I was and where I am currently.

As of 3/28/2010:

As of 12/10/2010:
Added an inwall cabinet, projector and 110" screen.

As of 2/7/2011:
Removed the inwall cabinet and built a closet in the back of the room:

Sheet-rocked over the window:

Flipped the room and put the screen on the opposite wall and added the Axiom Epic 80 7 channel speaker set with an Axiom EP800 sealed sub.

Still going to add a riser in the coming weeks as well as new carpet, re-paint the whole room so the color is even and finally add some professional acoustic treatments. More to come...

As of 10/10/2011:
Finished adding the riser, carpet and closet; all of which can be seen in other parts of the thread but here are the completed picks.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Cimarron Falls Cineplex

Thanks Toby, we just moved at the end of last year and the only caveat I had was my own dedicated room. Oddly enough, it was my wife's one caveat as well, I guess she was tired of seeing all that stuff in the living room. :dontknow:

#8 ·

haha, well, that works out pretty well. The room looks pretty good Dale.
Thanks Steffen, I wish I could take some better pictures but I'm not much of a photographer. Too bad I don't know someone who could give me pointers....... Oh wait......:D

#7 ·

Looks great Dale! When are you going to convince the wife you need a projector? :D
I tried the whole, "Well Dave just got one" but she hasn't budged yet.:dontknow: Now I have to contemplate whether or not it's worth a week of sleeping on the couch if I just show up with it. :ponder:

#10 ·

Hey Matt, I called my attorney and made sure to tag your name in my will for the Army of Darkness picture. They said you would have to cover shipping though. :doh:

#12 ·

I'm jealous...you have your own HT room....this is making me think of an idea like "Throw Momma From The Train" concerning the Wife!
That was a good one Stu! :rofl:

#17 ·

Hi Randy, the paint is called River Rock Textured paint by Ralph Lauren. My bride picked it up at Lowes. It has some sand in it for the texture. We love the look on it and it is not at all reflective so works great in the theater.

#21 ·

BTW... love what you had to say about getting a projector... You can always use my approach... went to bed and waited until my wife was just about asleep... and whispered in her ear that I wanted to turn our family room downstairs into a home theater... she was too tired to argue... and just mumbled whatever... The next day I beat her home from work and my son and I took a sledge hammer to the walls and started the process!!! LOL When she walked in and saw the mess, I sheepishly looked at her and said "What??? You said it was ok to do this last night when we went to bed..." She didn't know what to say at that point... Luckily she is a very forgiving wife... Of couse taking her out to dinner that night and getting her flowers helped the cause... :innocent:

#26 ·

Thanks guys, there have actually been some fairly dramatic changes. I need to update the pictures over the weekend so everyone can get an idea of what I have done to it.

Thanks again for the compliments!

#27 ·

I'm eager to see the updated pictures. I'm a big fan of most of those movies you had posters of :D I also really liked the superman and batman things (busts? I dunno). Where'd you pick those up, if you don't mind my asking?

#28 ·

Hey Gorb, the busts were actually a gift from my wife about ten years ago after I built my first home theater out of our old garage. I think she got them at the now defunct Warner Bros store that was in a mall out by where we lived.

#30 ·

Nice! I have the DefTech BP7006's and CLR 2002. Smaller speakers than your's and they do a great job with my HT system, I bet your larger speakers do an even better job! :T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.