PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 11 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

93Likes

post #101 of 461 Old 03-26-12, 04:19 PM
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

Quote:
PTAaron wrote: View Post
Thanks!

I'm going to put the room back together and use it for a while before I do the ceiling.

I want to get the "bar rebuild" taken care of before I do any more major changes to the movie room. That was actually the project that should have been done first, but we had to put it on hold. Now I want to get going on it so it will be ready for our next get together
Good thinking. Not only work but also play

PS Audio • Marantz • Oppo • ALR/Jordan • Velodyne • inakustik • Furutech • JVC • Stewart

Chamber of Dreams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 461 Old 03-26-12, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
HTip wrote: View Post
Good thinking. Not only work but also play
Gotta play...

The ceiling should be fairly easy to do at any time... I just need to pop out the tiles, label them, take them to the father in-law to spray them with his paint gun - then re-install them.

- comments welcome!

post #103 of 461 Old 03-26-12, 05:46 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Looking very nice Aaron..
The black double doors look great and painting the entrance side black as well worked out fine..

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #104 of 461 Old 03-26-12, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
Prof. wrote: View Post
Looking very nice Aaron..
The black double doors look great and painting the entrance side black as well worked out fine..
Thank you!

In hindsight - I would have had to paint the "outside" of the doors black anyway - since when they are open that is the side that would be "in" the room! The room stays "open" most of the time, except when we are watching a movie in there. It is a fortunate mistake that I dripped paint and had to paint it!

- comments welcome!

post #105 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Moved most of the stuff back into the room.

TV and speakers first...

Then everything else... Just a big mess of pictures:

New curtain looks good, but the light switches need to change color somehow...

I need to figure out where on this wall the other 2 movie posters will go... Wife wants a bigger movie rack - so we'll see..

...and out the doors you can see the remaining posters and things... Also the red blanket that no longer matches

- comments welcome!

post #106 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 03:12 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
The ceiling should be fairly easy to do at any time... I just need to pop out the tiles, label them, take them to the father in-law to spray them with his paint gun - then re-install them.
Don't forget about the rails since they are visible, but that's an easy paint job compared to what you've alread done.

One more thing. It looks like your speakers are a bit too high for a 7.1 setup. THX guideline is approximately 24" above ear level. It's just a guide line and depends a lot on the speaker used and if it sounds good to you don't change on my account

PS Audio • Marantz • Oppo • ALR/Jordan • Velodyne • inakustik • Furutech • JVC • Stewart

Chamber of Dreams

post #107 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 03:13 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Moved most of the stuff back into the room.

TV and speakers first...

Then everything else... Just a big mess of pictures:

New curtain looks good, but the light switches need to change color somehow...

I need to figure out where on this wall the other 2 movie posters will go... Wife wants a bigger movie rack - so we'll see..

...and out the doors you can see the remaining posters and things... Also the red blanket that no longer matches
Looking good Aaron

Chamber of Dreams

post #108 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
HTip wrote:

Don't forget about the rails since they are visible, but that's an easy paint job compared to what you've alread done.

One more thing. It looks like your speakers are a bit too high for a 7.1 setup. THX guideline is approximately 24" above ear level. It's just a guide line and depends a lot on the speaker used and if it sounds good to you don't change on my account
Yeah, the rails should be reasonably easy to it with a roller once the tiles are out - 2 coats of black should do it...
On the speakers - I did a fair amount of research when I got the Emotiva surrounds because I had the same concern. I came to the conclusion that it wasn't going to be too big of a deal having them up high as they are bipoles. I had considered moving them lower, but there were already holes predrilled where they were before - and it was much easier just to put them back
They sound excellent from that position - at least to my ears.

Quote:
HTip wrote:

Looking good Aaron
Thank you! I watched a little TV down there before going to bed - I like it! I've noticed a couple of spots that need touching up - like the baseboard inside the equipment shelf area that I can see under the curtain - but nothing major.
Once the left wall has some stuff on it it will look more "complete".

- comments welcome!

post #109 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 06:43 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Wow!! That blue does standout! The black contrasts nicely with it..It's given the room a completely different look..Nice job.

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #110 of 461 Old 03-27-12, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
Prof. wrote:
Wow!! That blue does standout! The black contrasts nicely with it..It's given the room a completely different look..Nice job.
Thanks Prof!
I'm still getting used to not only the blue, but having that left wall wide open! I've got my Dark Knight poster to place over there, and the national lampoons vacation poster is moving from the door to that wall... Indiana jones is going on the door.
We will be finding a taller movie rack to fill that space a little bit....

- comments welcome!