PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 21 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

94Likes

post #201 of 461 Old 05-15-12, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
ALMFamily wrote:
What about sewing a piece of black velvet to the inside of the curtain where it would cover that spot? Just in case you can't get them off at the BFD. Just a thought.......
Good idea!
I could just get heavier curtains, but I like that I can still send ir commands through the curtains if I want to get into the menus on my AVR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- comments welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 461 Old 05-17-12, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

Alright... I had some confusing results when I got my BFD installed and ran some filters. It appeared that I had a really strange peak after the point where I had expected my AVR to be crossing the sub over. Turns out it wasn't crossing it over at 80hz like it was supposed to... and I had put in a "crossover" filter at 80hz with the BFD. Turns out I should have been having the BFD do filters up to 100hz. I have decided to just disconnect the BFD for the time being until I can redo the filters.

Here is a set of measurements taken 1 foot in front of the sub that shows that my AVR crosses the sub at 100hz regardless of where the speaker crossovers are set, and the other line shows where the BFD attempted to assist the 80hz crossover.

- comments welcome!

post #203 of 461 Old 05-31-12, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Haven't done anything new with the basement in a while ... Too much other stuff going on

I have talked with my father in-law and we may be using his spray-gun setup to paint my ceiling tiles in the near future...

- comments welcome!

post #204 of 461 Old 06-04-12, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Still no progress... Bar re-do is slated to be the next project.

The only thing we've done recently was go to the shooting range and make some "theft deterrent" wallpaper for our garage:

- comments welcome!

post #205 of 461 Old 06-04-12, 11:16 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

- Nice!!

post #206 of 461 Old 06-04-12, 04:00 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Nice grouping! You need to remember to hit the zombies in the head though
post #207 of 461 Old 06-04-12, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
ALMFamily wrote:
- Nice!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Infrasonic wrote:
Nice grouping! You need to remember to hit the zombies in the head though
Good point! That was my wife's target from her 2nd time ever firing a gun, we will have to do more zombie drills in the future

- comments welcome!

post #208 of 461 Old 06-13-12, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Continuing my trend of not doing anything with the basement... I feel bad, I haven't even been down in my room to watch a movie or play Skyrim in about 2 weeks! We've had the TV on while playing pool, but that isn't the same. I picked up Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on blu-ray a while back, and I need to make some time to watch it!

We've been really busy lately - and the free time we have we have been spending at the shooting range getting used to our new toys.

Here is on example from my last trip - I was practicing for the zombie apocalypse

Hope to have an "on topic" picture or 2 to share soon!

- comments welcome!

post #209 of 461 Old 06-13-12, 02:52 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Nice shootin' Tex!

I hear ya on the progress - summer brings a number of projects all it's own for us Northerners - as the saying goes - "gotta make hay before the snows flies!" (or something like that)

post #210 of 461 Old 06-15-12, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
ALMFamily wrote:
Nice shootin' Tex!

I hear ya on the progress - summer brings a number of projects all it's own for us Northerners - as the saying goes - "gotta make hay before the snows flies!" (or something like that)
Thanks

Yeah... Have to take advantage of the 2 months of warm weather

---

Finally got some use out of the movie room:

Makes a nice staging area for loading up our dive boxes!
Taking the father in-law scuba diving in Ohio in the morning - movie room is perfectly located between the 2 spots we store our scuba gear.

- comments welcome!