PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 36 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

94Likes

post #351 of 461 Old 06-06-16, 11:32 AM

Ron

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

Looks like you will have a great addition to your HT! I wanted to have a ticket booth too, but I ran out of room. I will follow your progress to see how you do yours...maybe I will find a way to integrate one into our HT too.
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 461 Old 06-06-16, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Looks like you will have a great addition to your HT! I wanted to have a ticket booth too, but I ran out of room. I will follow your progress to see how you do yours...maybe I will find a way to integrate one into our HT too.
I had decided against it at one point because the basement wall space is pretty well taken up, but my wife thought it would be cool - so of course I jumped at the idea

The space I will be placing it has an electrical outlet that will be covered - so I'm keeping options open to do some lights inside or above... or some sort of lighted sign. I found a motion activated plug/switch that I can use to control all of that, or I have an X10 plug adapter that I can use to tie it into my "all on" command I use for the bar signs and pool table light.

I just ordered a piece of 24"x36"x1/8" piece of plexiglass from Amazon - cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot... I just have to figure out how to safely cut out the "ticket slot" at the bottom without breaking it. Don't want to throw away $25!
ellisr63 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- comments welcome!

post #353 of 461 Old 06-06-16, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

I should also mention that my wife now wants us to build an arcade machine after seeing a friend's build using Hyperspin as the front end. Turns out one of her uncles is REALLY into the home arcade machines, so he's going to hopefully be able to help her with that!

- comments welcome!

post #354 of 461 Old 06-07-16, 11:31 AM

Ron

My System

Quote:
PTAaron wrote: View Post
I should also mention that my wife now wants us to build an arcade machine after seeing a friend's build using Hyperspin as the front end. Turns out one of her uncles is REALLY into the home arcade machines, so he's going to hopefully be able to help her with that!
A couple of months ago my wife told me she wanted a claw machine. I found one on CL for her, and we got the seller to deliver it to us. She loves it. I went to a friends shop, and he showed me his Electronic Pinball machine he built. I am thinking I might make one later to put upstairs over the pond for gaming.
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

post #355 of 461 Old 06-07-16, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
A couple of months ago my wife told me she wanted a claw machine. I found one on CL for her, and we got the seller to deliver it to us. She loves it. I went to a friends shop, and he showed me his Electronic Pinball machine he built. I am thinking I might make one later to put upstairs over the pond for gaming.
Nice, you talking about the pinball with the video screen instead of the mechanicals? My friend with the hyperspin setup was telling me about a machine that uses a screen but also has bumpers and things inside the box to make it feel like a real pinball machine too. The idea sounded really cool.
Don't mention claw machines... I'm sure my wife would want one of those too!
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #356 of 461 Old 06-07-16, 07:40 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Nice, you talking about the pinball with the video screen instead of the mechanicals? My friend with the hyperspin setup was telling me about a machine that uses a screen but also has bumpers and things inside the box to make it feel like a real pinball machine too. The idea sounded really cool.
Don't mention claw machines... I'm sure my wife would want one of those too!
My friend bought 2 FPs for the playing field, and display, built a case, and uses a PC hidden inside the machine. He has all the flippers, tilt, etc on it so it looks like a regular pinball machine except for everything is animated. Do it, and post up a build!
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #357 of 461 Old 06-09-16, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
My friend bought 2 FPs for the playing field, and display, built a case, and uses a PC hidden inside the machine. He has all the flippers, tilt, etc on it so it looks like a regular pinball machine except for everything is animated. Do it, and post up a build!
Yeah... don't have the room for the pinball setup, but it sounds awesome!
Wife is definitely doing the Hyperspin arcade setup - she's already got the spot where it will go picked out... was the spot where my ticket booth was originally going to be, but that's no big deal

On a side note it looks like I may be getting a second A2-300. I know I said the theater budget was gone - but I managed to pull together the funds to make this happen since it basically fell into my lap. Should help with the null I seem to have in the front row.
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #358 of 461 Old 06-10-16, 10:39 AM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Yeah... don't have the room for the pinball setup, but it sounds awesome!
Wife is definitely doing the Hyperspin arcade setup - she's already got the spot where it will go picked out... was the spot where my ticket booth was originally going to be, but that's no big deal

On a side note it looks like I may be getting a second A2-300. I know I said the theater budget was gone - but I managed to pull together the funds to make this happen since it basically fell into my lap. Should help with the null I seem to have in the front row.
I have a null in my front row too. I am thinking later this year of removing my back row, and sub. I will then lower the floor down to the same as the front row, and put the sub on it's side facing the front row. Next would be to build a bar around the sub and put some bench stools behind it. My only other option would be to find 2 more DTS-10 subs and put them on the side walls firing at the front row.

Where is your current sub, and where will you put the new sub?

Ron

My Home Theater

post #359 of 461 Old 06-10-16, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
I have a null in my front row too. I am thinking later this year of removing my back row, and sub. I will then lower the floor down to the same as the front row, and put the sub on it's side facing the front row. Next would be to build a bar around the sub and put some bench stools behind it. My only other option would be to find 2 more DTS-10 subs and put them on the side walls firing at the front row. Where is your current sub, and where will you put the new sub?
That sounds like a big project, but a back row bar would be cool. I'll keep an eye on your thread My first sub is at the front of the room about 1/4 of the way along the front wall. That was the second best spot from my sub crawl - best spot was front corner at that time.

(See attached image that I thought I could insert here)

Second sub will be on the other side of the TV at first since that's is where I have the pre wired wall outlet installed I'll play around with REW and some other options to see what I can come up with.

Other option would be subs in each corner with the speakers on top. I don't really have a "back of the room" option unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar-image-3690444079.jpg  

ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #360 of 461 Old 06-11-16, 11:06 AM

Ron

My System

Did you do blue fabric walls, or is that paint?

Ron

My Home Theater