PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 39 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

82Likes

post #381 of 449 Old 06-26-16, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

Spent a little time on the booth today...
Filled in some holes and seams with wood putty, sanded it down, installed the door, took the door back off, and painted the "inside" black with some spray paint to save the trouble of trying to get it with a brush later
Also picked up a can of primer - but it was just too hot and humid to work on it in the garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- comments welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #382 of 449 Old 06-26-16, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Why not get a template, and route them into the wood?
Good idea, but unfortunately I don't own a router

- comments welcome!

Last edited by PTAaron; 06-27-16 at 12:46 AM.
post #383 of 449 Old 06-27-16, 12:51 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
PTAaron wrote: View Post
Good idea, but unfortunately I don't own a router
No friends that could route it out for you?

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Oppo UDP-203

post #384 of 449 Old 06-27-16, 12:52 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Spent a little time on the booth today...
Filled in some holes and seams with wood putty, sanded it down, installed the door, took the door back off, and painted the "inside" black with some spray paint to save the trouble of trying to get it with a brush later
Also picked up a can of primer - but it was just too hot and humid to work on it in the garage.

It is coming along great! I hear you on the hot weather putting a damper on working on the projects.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Oppo UDP-203

post #385 of 449 Old 06-27-16, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
No friends that could route it out for you?
My friend that made the cabinet door and the "window frame" has any tool you could imagine - the piece is not removable anymore... so getting him out to the house with tools is the challenge. I'm leaning more towards doing a line of marquee lights (just the bulbs) and some text that either says "Box Office" or "Tickets" below the lights. That leaves me an option for the future to put up a scrolling LED sign or something cooler.

Quote:
It is coming along great! I hear you on the hot weather putting a damper on working on the projects.
Thanks! I really need to move it into the house to prime and paint it to get it to a more stable temperature and humidity level. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do that though
It is 7 ft tall and is really heavy. I was hoping my father in-law was going to stop by over the weekend because he is a gorilla and we would have no trouble - but no such luck. May call up my neighbor tonight and see if his broken leg has healed enough to help Originally I had planned to keep the top half separated until I brought it into the house - but I got on a roll and ended up putting a bunch of decks screws and a whole lot of gorilla glue in there so it isn't coming apart without breaking something.

I am going to wait until it is painted and in place before I do the crown molding - partly because I don't want it breaking off in transit and partly because I am not sure how high I can go with it.
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #386 of 449 Old 06-27-16, 04:22 PM

Ron

My System

This is what you need...

or this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leadleds-P5m...3D201567066311
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #387 of 449 Old 06-28-16, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Yeah that second link is one that I was looking at a little while ago...
I started looking at the other ideas just because of the cost - but it really isn't that bad even for the 26" size.

- comments welcome!

post #388 of 449 Old 06-28-16, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Update for the day: friend brought my "window frame" into work for me today.
Won't get to work on it tonight because we have company coming over, but I plan to work on it Wednesday night - going to secure the plexi in the frame by putting a couple of screws in through the back so it will be removable. At first I'm not going to actually cut the speaker hole or the "ticket slot" in the plexi - but my wife is going to make me a silver vinyl decal for the speaker and a black decal for the ticket slot. I'm paranoid about ruining the plexi sheet if I try cutting it, so I'd like to have it around for a bit before I take any risks. Dumb, but oh well!
I mentioned it before... but the frame will be held in place with 4 pairs of neodynium magnets. I will be drilling very small locating holes from the back into the frame and insetting the magnets into the frame and the face of the booth.
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #389 of 449 Old 06-28-16, 07:51 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Update for the day: friend brought my "window frame" into work for me today.
Won't get to work on it tonight because we have company coming over, but I plan to work on it Wednesday night - going to secure the plexi in the frame by putting a couple of screws in through the back so it will be removable. At first I'm not going to actually cut the speaker hole or the "ticket slot" in the plexi - but my wife is going to make me a silver vinyl decal for the speaker and a black decal for the ticket slot. I'm paranoid about ruining the plexi sheet if I try cutting it, so I'd like to have it around for a bit before I take any risks. Dumb, but oh well!
I mentioned it before... but the frame will be held in place with 4 pairs of neodynium magnets. I will be drilling very small locating holes from the back into the frame and insetting the magnets into the frame and the face of the booth.
A plus of NOT cutting a hole is you will get more dust behind the plexi with a hole than without.
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #390 of 449 Old 06-29-16, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Very true!

So this was the bummer of the evening last night: The groove my friend put into the frame is 1/8" ... the plexiglass is 1/8"... apparently one of those 1/8" measurements is less precise than the other and I can't get the glass into the frame! Dang it, I was REALLY hoping to have this thing painted and in the basement this weekend.
My friend is off work today - so I'll be able to pass it back to him tomorrow and hopefully have it back Friday, so it might still happen.

- comments welcome!