PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 42 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

82Likes

post #411 of 449 Old 07-13-16, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

Pointless update... didn't get the booth moved into place - but here are a couple of photos:

The booth is going to go where the "National Lampoons" poster is hanging:

Just to show where that is relative to the theater... my wife's treadmill usually sits on the other side of the closet doors when it isn't being used which explains the line of shoes

Put the glass into the frame... too bad it is clear so you can't see it! LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- comments welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 449 Old 07-15-16, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

I managed to drag it downstairs tonight!

Curtain arrived today - it is a single panel "blackout panel" that I need to transform into 2 smaller curtains later... but I put it in place just to see what it was going to look like:

Mock up of the letters - they are just sitting on top of the window frame now... I think I like the "dark steel metallic" color:

Inside the lower portion is an outlet so I can do whatever upgrades I want in the future:

I'll be adding one of those hidden magnetic child locks to the door later - just for fun.

Anyway ... that's where we are now! I'm very happy with how it has turned out so far!
Tonto and ellisr63 like this.

- comments welcome!

post #413 of 449 Old 07-15-16, 11:45 AM

Ron

My System

Looks great!
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Oppo UDP-203

post #414 of 449 Old 07-15-16, 01:27 PM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System

Agreed - sharp work! Be proud
PTAaron likes this.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
post #415 of 449 Old 07-15-16, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Looks great!
Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Agreed - sharp work! Be proud
Thanks guys!
It turned out a lot better than I ever expected when I started the project.
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #416 of 449 Old 07-15-16, 03:50 PM

Ron

My System

Looks as good, if not better than one you would buy for considerably more money!
PTAaron likes this.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Oppo UDP-203

post #417 of 449 Old 07-18-16, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Looks as good, if not better than one you would buy for considerably more money!
Thanks!
I can't believe what they charge for the prebuilt booths online... This one would probably have been $150 to build from scratch, with using scrap pieces I spent maybe $70 including the plexiglass, curtain, letters, glue, and a ton of screws to overbuild it
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!

post #418 of 449 Old 07-18-16, 09:16 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Looks great! It does look a little dark up their though. I can see why you wanted the letters to light up. That will be a classy upgrade if you ever decide to do it. Have you considered a built-in ticket dispenser? Push a button & a ticket pops out! That would be cool! Boy, this hobby can get so involved/expensive! Just me thinking out loud again. Great job!
PTAaron likes this.
post #419 of 449 Old 07-19-16, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Looks great! It does look a little dark up their though. I can see why you wanted the letters to light up. That will be a classy upgrade if you ever decide to do it. Have you considered a built-in ticket dispenser? Push a button & a ticket pops out! That would be cool! Boy, this hobby can get so involved/expensive! Just me thinking out loud again. Great job!
Thanks!

After having it in place I've been looking at rope lighting ideas... I was thinking I could run it up one side of the window inset so you don't see the rope, have it run through the structure and come out a hole above the letters to run across the front and go back into a hole and down along the other side of the window. I have holes drilled in the frame that would make that easy to do - I just don't know how it would look.

I'd like to do the marquee lights across the top - I just have to really pick an option and run with it I guess!

Haha... no ticket machine... but I do have a program for making tickets, and they look really good when I display the image on the TV next to the theater entrance

I did put a digital photo frame inside the window area and it looks pretty good running movie poster images on it - I might move that to one side and keep it in there in the end. It has a remote control so that makes things easy. I can also make that display the ticket for "movie night" too I suppose

- comments welcome!

post #420 of 449 Old 07-19-16, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System

Forgot to post this over here...
I was at home depot Sunday looking for options for the "speak through" on my ticket window and ran across this for $2:

Brass color had to go - so I painted it:

I like it because I won't have to actually drill a 3" hole to mount it... just 4 smaller holes for the tabs to slide into.

Also - the best part of getting the booth into the basement: I get my garage back!!
ellisr63 likes this.

- comments welcome!