PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

94Likes

post #81 of 461 Old 03-23-12, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
ALMFamily wrote:
Looks great Aaron!! I would go with the black for the ceiling tiles as well - take a look at HTip's before / after pics when he painted his (I think it was his.... ) - it made a big difference in lighting reflections back onto the screen.

Glad to hear Daphne is doing ok!
Thanks! Definitely thinking I have to paint the tiles now. Luckily father inlaw had a spray gun... Should be the cheapest solution!

Sad to say that we are sitting at the animal ER right now - as Daphne managed to pull open her stitches when we brought her out to play with her. Looks like we will be heading back to the surgeon's office in the morning too... Gotta love pets!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- comments welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 04:23 AM
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: PTAaron's Movie Room/Game Room/Bar

I love your color scheme. Looks real good. And it is definitely a good idea to spray paint the tiles. Does wonders for your picture quality.

Good luck with Daphne...

PS Audio • Marantz • Oppo • ALR/Jordan • Velodyne • inakustik • Furutech • JVC • Stewart

Chamber of Dreams

post #83 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 07:21 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Looking good PTAaron! I wonder how close in colour your blue walls are to mine! Photos don't always show the true colour..

Prof..
Home Theatre...the never ending story!

post #84 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Thanks HTip!

Prof - thanks! The blue is basically the color of Mickey Mouse's sorcerer hat... I don't know I'd that helps
So far I'm loving how it looks!

I got the second coat up tonight - took longer with just me working on it, but it got done quick enough
I'm going to have to wait to see how it dries - hoping it won't need a third coat...

Plan for tomorrow, assuming I don't need a third coat, is to paint the entry doors black and get to work on painting the trim black.
Only concern is ruining my great blue paint while painting the trim - I'm not sure if I'll be able to put painters tape on the blue so soon without messing it up. It will have about 14 hours to dry... So we'll see

...and dang - I just realized I forgot to paint the outlet covers!

- comments welcome!

post #85 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 10:22 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

Quote:
PTAaron wrote: View Post

Prof - thanks! The blue is basically the color of Mickey Mouse's sorcerer hat... I don't know I'd that helps
So far I'm loving how it looks!
I just had a look at MM's hat on Google, and it looks almost the same colour as my blue!..Perhaps slightly bluer..

Quote:
Only concern is ruining my great blue paint while painting the trim - I'm not sure if I'll be able to put painters tape on the blue so soon without messing it up. It will have about 14 hours to dry... So we'll see
If you use that "blue" masking tape (easy release) it should be fine..

Prof..

post #86 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Just went down to check on the drying progress... and I have to say - it looks incredible! There were only 2 spots that looked like they may need more paint - so I hit them with the rollers I had put into a ziplock bag that still had some paint on them.
In the process I managed to drip blue paint on the ONLY spot of carpet not covered on plastic - but luckily the carpet cleaner we had nearby got it all out.

Snapped a few shots - I think it looks a lot better than after the first coat!

- comments welcome!

post #87 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
Prof. wrote:
I just had a look at MM's hat on Google, and it looks almost the same colour as my blue!..Perhaps slightly bluer..

If you use that "blue" masking tape (easy release) it should be fine..
Clearly you have excellent taste then! Haha!

Excellent - hoping the paint is dry enough

- comments welcome!

post #88 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 10:34 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

The Mad Professor

My System

The colour looks very nice!..I think it might be a bit bluer than mine..
Do you plan on painting the door frame the same colour?

Prof..

post #89 of 461 Old 03-24-12, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Aaron

My System
Quote:
Prof. wrote:
The colour looks very nice!..I think it might be a bit bluer than mine..
Do you plan on painting the door frame the same colour?
I was thinking of doing the doorframe in black ... but doing it wall color had crossed my mind too. Thoughts?

- comments welcome!

post #90 of 461 Old 03-25-12, 03:04 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Looks great Aaron! Hope Daphne is doing well.

Another suggestion for painting trim if you do not want to put tape up - get a piece of cardboard, use your off hand to angle it into the corner of your wall and trim, and just move it along as you paint. I used that method when I painted the wall up to the ceiling.

Alternatively, I think they sell a plastic appartus that does the same thing and it more solid than cardboard.