Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

BamaBum Theatre Build

Tags
bamabum build
65K views 288 replies 40 participants last post by  koldby 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT - Finished Pics

The Beginning

Just starting on finishing the Theatre room in my house. The previous owner built it but didn't finish it out.

First things first. I have a large opening of 12 ft on right wall from viewing position to enable more flow to and from the game room adjacent.

the room is 25 deep x 15 wide x 10 tall

Primary purpose: Watching football games and entertaining. Xbox Gaming. Movie watching.

Primary Equipment:
Epson 6010 UB Projector - Split screen hdmi source for watching multiple games or playing multiple xbox as well as parallel source to duplicate into game room.
Denon 3313ci Amp - For multi-zone audio for attached game room
Def Tech 8060 Floors and 8040 Center and Surrounds.

See less See more
#264 ·
My Daughter enjoyed her 6 friend sleepover for her birthday and they loved using the theater again.

The birthday party after picture

I have been working on more whole home automation which has taken more time away from the theater. My father in Law has a Denon 4800 series receiver that over heated. He offered it to me so I am going to see how much it is to get it repaired. It might be good for the man cave. I am thinking of starting a new project upgrading the man cave soon.

Until then Ill enjoy some good greens.

And say hello to my friend's pet squirrel:

#266 ·
They had a blast.

The receiver is a few years old. I might just list it in the classifieds as it may be much more than I need in the man cave. I'm sure if someone got it fixed it would be a great deal for them. My father in law had it in a closed cabinet and was running it all day. Hopefully it is just a blown fuse or something.

it is this model: denon site

#267 ·
Update time

So I have some time to think about whats next.

I am tired of the little imperfection of the projector vs screen so I am thinking of adding the black felt around the screen to box in the picture and have a screen to the edge of the black.

I am thinking of black felt. I am not sure I like the contact cement method so if someone has a good self adhesive product I would appreciate it. I have seen some thick rolls such as link, but I don't want/need that wide of material.

I have been working on more home automation lighting to control lights in adjacent areas that can be remote controlled to set different moods depending on the usage. I am planning on Movie, Games, Cleaning and Sports scenes currently. I am using the ZWave system.

There are more than enough wires to screw up when you have 3 ways.

I updated my tool set with a new light helmet that my wife is not pleased with.

More to come on the velvet border. In the meantime enjoy some Costa Rica Chifrijo

Its double fried Bacon Fat over rice, beans and pico. YUMMM.

#273 ·
Re: Update time

So I have some time to think about whats next.

I am tired of the little imperfection of the projector vs screen so I am thinking of adding the black felt around the screen to box in the picture and have a screen to the edge of the black.

I am thinking of black felt. I am not sure I like the contact cement method so if someone has a good self adhesive product I would appreciate it. I have seen some thick rolls such as link, but I don't want/need that wide of material.
I ended up cutting strips of MDF to serve as the framing piece and used a cloth spray on adhesive to attach the blackout cloth to the MDF. Worked pretty well for me...

#270 ·
How do you think I get good food pictures in dark lit restaurants? The new light helmet!!

I actually made my own version at home this week after returning on Sunday. The kids tore it up. Just some simple fried pork instead of Fat Back that Costa Rica uses. Fat Back for those in the north is the good thick fat part of the bacon you would discard.

We need a HTS recipe forum!

#275 ·
Mason, I did not use sound isolation construction.

I actually opened up the room to adjacent rooms. I had the benefit of the HT room being on the end of a wing on the house. You really cant hear anything in the bedrooms. We live on a larger piece of land so I don't worry about the neighbors as much.

Granted I have only 2 smaller subs right now at 300w each. If I go with 18" in the future the bass might travel much further in the house.

#277 ·
If you did you could look at some more heavy duty isolation.
There is some interesting techniques (box in box) outlined here:
***Link Removed***
They make use of acoustic floating floor systems, sway braces and acoustic ceiling hangers. But I think that this would probably be overkill for you.
So I assume you signed up for an account just to spam your marketing to our blogs. You didn't even read one bit to understand my construction or that my room was open format. At least become a HTS sponsor first before spamming. You sir have poor form.

#284 ·
Well I found the answer to my question.
When you save it as .jpg, it suddenly is only a fraction of that size. It is apperently the memory used to process the picture and not the size of the saved file...

So now I have made a black background 42" x 144" and placed 5 posters on that (36" x 24") and send it to Spoonflower.

#287 ·
Tico,

It is a bar food item. Similar to Chicken wings in purpose here.

My version is pretty close but a little cleaner/fresher in taste IMHO.

Basically you layer in a bowl: cilantro lime rice, garlic roasted black beans, fresh pico de gallo, fried pork chunks (I used pork steak cubed) and avocado chunks.

In the the original version it is plain rice, red beans, pico, fried pork fat and avocado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.