BamaBum Theatre Build - Page 22 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
Home Theater Shack Forums
Creative Sound Solutions: Loudspeaker kits and components for subwoofers, midwoofers, woofers and full range speakers! Genelec: Active Speakers and Speaker Systems Audio General, Inc.: Great deals on projectors, screens and electronics. Underwood HiFi - Excellent discounts on some awesome name brands. Power Sound Audio designs, develops, and assembles high quality loudspeakers and subwoofers for home theater environments. Visual Apex: The most competitive pricing for home theater projectors... and built on customer satisfaction! SVSound XTZ Sound Marantz OPPO Digital - Universal Network 3D Blu-ray Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer Chane Music & Cinema Madisound Value Electronics: A trusted retailer and custom installer that specializes in whole-house audio, home theater, Plasma, LCD, LED, HDTVs, Blu-ray and more. Standout Design DSP Axiom Audio

Like Us on facebookREW
Go Back   Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com > Home Theater Installation | Systems > Home Theater Design and Construction
Forgot Password?
Donations Reviews Vendors

Reply     Post New Thread
Views: 31449 - Replies: 288  
Old 12-16-13, 08:04 PM   #211
Elite Shackster

Brandon
Since: Jan 2013
My System

Quote:
bamabum wrote: View Post
Time for an update. I'm pushing hard to have completion by the BCS game.

I took some old base board and crown and gave them a first coat of paint outside.

I installed the crown molding on the tops of the column and installed my sconces.

Next it was time to cover the speaker holes. I am going with something similar to mario or cinemar.

I ordered the parts-express frame kit and started cutting the frames with a jig saw with a small teeth blade. These were extremely easy to use and install. Instead of using magnets or the push in holes I have determined I will just snip off the holding pegs and month with a tight fit. It worked great and they are removable.

For the sides of the column I am stapling the GOM onto the sides since they are not removable. Both the fonts and sides will be trimmed out on the border.

done in time for the kids to play the wii

and more importantly, in time to enjoy my home made pork tacos
MMMMmmmmmmm taco's

Forum Rules Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-13, 03:51 PM   #212
Senior Shackster

Since: Jun 2013
Baltimore
Re: BamaBum Theatre Build

Have you tried using biscuits, for joining the wood together?..They work wonders with wood glue.

Old 12-17-13, 08:16 PM   #213
Senior Shackster

fschris
Since: Oct 2009
South Carolina
My System

That theater is looking awesome. Where in the house is the theater located ? Is it a basement ?

Old 12-17-13, 09:54 PM   #214
Senior Shackster

Since: Dec 2012
Al A Bama
I started this thread.

B-one, The Tacos were Delish!

HorrorFan the 33rd, I had a biscuit joiner before but it got lost in the last move. I second the strength it adds. I keep saying I will buy a new one just after a task that required it but fail to before I start the next task.

forChrizzy, The theater is located on the second floor above the small garage. Between it and any bedroom is a future game room, office, and a long hall. Most room are down stairs at the other end of an L-shaped house. This combined with a few acres made sound proofing very easy - I just don't care about it as much as others. However I haven't put in the big subs yet.

I was able to get the sconces wired today and I had one of those proud papa moments again. Its the little things that really set off a room. My kids keep playing on the random rolling ottoman. I might have to keep it but have it covered in the same material as the seats.

I have been very disappointed with the small perimeter LED lights. I am just not a fan of the white light. I bought very small ones and have a dimmer but even on the lowest I don't care for them. I might try to put a lens on them or something.

The new sconces are incandescent lights and they are so much nicer. They put such a great feel to the room. Also I have noticed the screen looks so much better than when using the perimeter LEDS.

These were taken from the same angle on a paused screen. The Incandescent is so much easier on the screen. I am not sure how much upward or downwards facing makes in the equation. You can really see the difference in the red truck and brown jacket.

The Uplight and Downlight text are switched , the LED is DOWN and Incand UP. THE LED IS ON LEFT.

Time to iron my favorite shirt for tomorrow!

Old 12-18-13, 06:19 PM   #215
Senior Shackster

Since: Jun 2013
Baltimore

Looks great!!

Old 12-18-13, 08:08 PM   #216
Senior Shackster

Rich
Since: Mar 2013

I really like how your theater is coming together. I love your layout and front stage. The side lights add a really nice touch.

Old 12-20-13, 12:30 AM   #217
Senior Shackster

United States

I have that shirt too! Nice looking HT! Maybe someday I'll finish mine!

WOOHOO!!!

MY BUILD THREAD

Old 12-20-13, 06:36 AM   #218
Elite Shackster

OJ
Since: Oct 2006
Toronto, Ontario
My System

There are more than one of those shirts that have been sold??

Lol

- OJ -
DIY Ported Original Tempest Sub (offline)
DIY SDX10 Sub
DIY Dipolar rear surround
DIY XLR to RCA cables (offline)
DIY 1 to 4 RCA splitter

Old 12-20-13, 02:48 PM   #219
Senior Shackster

Al A Bama
I started this thread.

thanks for the compliments. Mpednualt, don't mind Owen, haters gonna hate.

Old 12-20-13, 08:34 PM   #220
Senior Shackster
Silver Supporter

Jim
Since: Sep 2010
Santa clarita,Ca
My System

very nice looking room,turned out great ! i wish i would have known about the led lights i just put mine up about 3 weeks ago,looks like i'll be looking for lenses as well.

Reply     Post New Thread     Back to Top of Page

Musicians Friend: Your one stop shop for microphones, mic amps and Behringer products.   Cmple   Monoprice Electronics   Amazon   Velodyne Check out the Woot product for today!

Onkyo   GIK Acoustics: Home audio acoustics at its best... especially when you have help from the owners right here at the Shack!  Check out their very affordable acoustic panels!   Nyrius   Aperion Audio   Axiom Audio  Parts Express: Excellent Source for DIY Speaker and Subwoofer Projects!

« Home Theater Shack > Home Theater Installation | Systems > Home Theater Design and Construction »

« Previous Thread   Next Thread »