Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

My first post - almost home

Tags
home post
3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Russell_C 
#1 ·
I've been lurking for a while because my systems have been boxed up for over a year. Long story short we're having a house built. Original estimate was 1st qrt (they didn't specify the year though). Anyway I did a walk thru with the electrician to discuss placement of speakers an cables so it looks as if I'll be in before the end of the year. I'll post some pictures soon when we are putting in the pre-construction brackets, back boxes, pulling speaker wire etc. We'll have three systems a 7.2 channel HT and 2 ch system in the basement another 5.1 systems on the main floor a second zone on the deck. **** I'm getting excited just writing about it....more later.:jump:

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum :wave::wave:

... my systems have been boxed up for over a year...
I can believe it :rubeyes: ... How did you manage all this time to keep those boxes closed???
If it were me ... with those new toys, I start playing with them inmediatelly :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Good Luck with your project ... we'll be waiting for pictures :T

#6 ·
Well not quite accurate as I stated we thought we'd be living with my mom about six months. When it became obvious that it was going to be longer I took my HT amp & processor and the speakers from my 2 channel system one of my subs and a old dvd player and connected it all to my mom's 27" TV and that had to hold me. But knowing what I have boxed up this was just a bandaid but it carried me through. My first film I plan on watching is Transformers (HD version). My wife doesn't know this yet but I'm picking up a blu-ray for the system on the main floor

#14 ·
I've added a couple more shots the weather this winter in Chi-town has really slowed things down. I was prepping cables and wall plates last night. Got word that our plasma lift (for living room) is ready to ship. The next photos will be installation photos followed by the finished product. I did order a pair of Odyssey Lorelei's for my two channel system!

#20 ·
Yah gotta hate that when you're 99.9% done and are held up by something else. I feel your pain :wits-end:. I really dig the panel you have behind your rack.

What do your kids think about your HT hobby? Mine really enjoy it and are thrilled to have a "movie theater" in their basement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.