Duder's HT/bar area - Page 11 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #101 of 122 Old 10-08-14, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: Duder's HT/bar area

Didn't want you folks to think I gave up on this project, I just haven't had time or funds to move with it. I am hoping this winter I can pick back up on it and at least start drywall stage. I had some flooding do and a contractor error. So they are paying for all damages and clean. After that I can get my room cleaned back up and start moving forward. For now its just sitting and waiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 122 Old 10-08-14, 09:21 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Glad things are still planning on moving ahead.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #103 of 122 Old 10-08-14, 11:07 AM

Ron

My System

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

post #104 of 122 Old 10-28-14, 04:19 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

SO any progress going on in life?

Just was thinking about the Jamboree and was curious what you have been up to. Its sad when we have these types of threads and then things slow down and we dont hear much from you. So I figured I would see how things are going.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #105 of 122 Old 10-28-14, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
SO any progress going on in life?

Just was thinking about the Jamboree and was curious what you have been up to. Its sad when we have these types of threads and then things slow down and we dont hear much from you. So I figured I would see how things are going.
My basement flooded a couple of weeks, so I have been cleaning that up. Nothing major damaged just a mess.

post #106 of 122 Old 10-28-14, 12:45 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
duder1982 wrote: View Post
My basement flooded a couple of weeks, so I have been cleaning that up. Nothing major damaged just a mess.
Is your HT in the basement... If so do you have any sump pumps installed to prevent massive damage? What did you end up going with for your lighting... Insteon?

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

post #107 of 122 Old 10-28-14, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post

Is your HT in the basement... If so do you have any sump pumps installed to prevent massive damage? What did you end up going with for your lighting... Insteon?
My theater is in the basement, and I do have a sump pump. But the flooding was do to a valid being left open on the main. So it back up through my floor drains.

I haven't done the lighting, but will probably use insteon.

post #108 of 122 Old 10-28-14, 01:59 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
duder1982 wrote: View Post
My theater is in the basement, and I do have a sump pump. But the flooding was do to a valid being left open on the main. So it back up through my floor drains.

I haven't done the lighting, but will probably use insteon.
Glad to hear you didn't have any major damage!

If you go Insteon, I highly recommend the ISY 994i... I have been able to link switches through the software in a matter of minutes vs running around the house to do it. I also was able to program a series of lighting scenes for use with my scene controller switches in a short amount of time. It is def a DIY project that anyone that can istall a switch can do.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #109 of 122 Old 12-01-14, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Not much of an update, other then after discussing it with the wife. Hopefully we should start again after the first of the year. I just wanted to come up with a list of things I need to finish before I start dry-walling. I hope to get the drywall done and maybe carpet. As we want to have another spot in the house for the kids to play, since my son will be getting an Xbox 360 for Christmas. I have a couple of used or refurbished receivers on my radar that will act as a pre/pro. So here is my list of things that need to get done.

1. Finish the electrical wiring

http://www.lowes.com/pd_70111-295-28...7C1&facetInfo=

2. Move a vent so its not directly pointed at a speaker, plus have the s shape to help lower noises from the vents.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_126878-42471...7C1&facetInfo=

3. Insulation I need about 4 more of these at 10.98 equaling around 44.00

http://www.lowes.com/pd_31116-1722-B...7C1&facetInfo=

4. Foam around the can lights to prevent blow in insulation from coming through. Need 12 at 14.99 each=179.00

http://www.menards.com/main/building...140-c-5776.htm

5. Some spray foam between the studs and foundation, along with exposed parts of the foundation in between the floor and basement ceiling.

http://www.menards.com/main/p-2275290-c-7937.htm

6. I need to look at insulation for the ceiling, as I have rafter style joist with all the wires and plumbing running through it I would have to use blow in. Wow I was just reading about Roxul I have seen some use it, and I am considering since its moisture prof and good for basement foundation walls.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_138683-1278-...7C1&facetInfo=

I will update as I go, if there is anything you can think of before I start to drywall let me know.

Last edited by duder1982; 12-01-14 at 10:40 PM.
post #110 of 122 Old 12-28-14, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Ok, I purchased some materials and decided to take a different route with the insulation. Instead of using blow in insulation in the ceiling, I will be giving the Roxul a try.

I picked up a bag of it to get me started. I also picked up some electrical wiring so I can wrap that up. Along with the flexible air duct to relocate the vent by one of my speakers.

Once I get some of that installed and wrapped up. I will look at the plumbing for the bar area. I need a checklist to insure me I am ready for drywall.