Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 16 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #151 of 855 Old 03-02-14, 08:35 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: My retirement Home Theater

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
What horns are you using?

I am debating on using either the Heresy Industrials or the KP 3002 for the side surrounds... Any suggestions? The HIPs are a 3 way, and the KP3002 are 2 ways. but almost as tall as my La Scalas were.
I am using EV hp 640s for the left and right with the Faital pro hf200 drivers. The center will be a Lascala bass bin with a p audio ph 4525 horn with bm d750(aka K69, which is what they put on the K402).

As for your surround I think the HIPs would be the way to go since they are smaller. I know some like to use their Cornwalls for surrounds but I think its way over kill. Now since the Kp3002 are 2 ways they may match better with your customer fronts. One idea is sell both and pick up 2 pairs of the Kpt-100 which I think would be ideal.

https://community.klipsch.com/index....ready-to-ship/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 855 Old 03-02-14, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
duder1982 wrote: View Post
I am using EV hp 640s for the left and right with the Faital pro hf200 drivers. The center will be a Lascala bass bin with a p audio ph 4525 horn with bm d750(aka K69, which is what they put on the K402).

As for your surround I think the HIPs would be the way to go since they are smaller. I know some like to use their Cornwalls for surrounds but I think its way over kill. Now since the Kp3002 are 2 ways they may match better with your customer fronts. One idea is sell both and pick up 2 pairs of the Kpt-100 which I think would be ideal.

https://community.klipsch.com/index....ready-to-ship/
How do you like the Faitals? I have the HF14 drivers (same as the ones you have but without the 2" adapter) I am waiting on my 2" adapters, and then I will be installing them in my 2 EV940 horns, and 1 EV9040 Horn which will be setup on my 3 La Scala bass bins. The EV9040 horn will become my center and the EV940s will become my width channels. Yeah, I thought about the 100s but I decided to go with the more efficient HIPs, and KP 3002. I was real tempted to sell the HIPs and get another set of the 3002s though. What keeps me with the HIPs is that they are small enough that I could use them for heights in the front. I think I will sell the SR-70s though.

So how does the Faital driver compare to the original EV driver?

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #153 of 855 Old 03-02-14, 08:53 PM
Senior Shackster

I haven't really given the Faitals a chance yet, are the 9040s large horns.

post #154 of 855 Old 03-02-14, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
duder1982 wrote: View Post
I haven't really given the Faitals a chance yet, are the 9040s large horns.
Here ya go...https://www.google.com/search?q=ev+h...m=122&ie=UTF-8 The 9040 is similar to the JBL 2360A horn.

Sorry but it wouldn't let me copy the pdf address.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

post #155 of 855 Old 03-02-14, 11:51 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

I feel like I am going down memory lane for the Klipsch lineup. 402's, 510, MTM's ect. I wish I had the room. Jealous

I do remember seeing the 1/4 pie build. I have always kept my eye on horn builds from the Klipsch guys. JWC and others. Looks like a great design that will reach down to about 30hz I think.

"Music is the space between the notes"
“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #156 of 855 Old 03-03-14, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Today we got the walls up for the area behind the screen for the speakers. Hopefully in tomorrow we will get it all sealed off, and insulated. I have discovered that we have room for the height channels if we put them in the corners about a foot behind the Width channels. Will that be ok? If not we can put them in front of the screen close to the ceiling, but it is not as good of a location as the corners would be as the corners will allow the screen to be higher on the wall.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #157 of 855 Old 03-03-14, 09:48 PM
Senior Shackster

I cant answer your question on the speakers, but good job on getting some work done. Can't wait to see some pics.

post #158 of 855 Old 03-04-14, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Hopefully i will be able to get some pics tomorrow.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #159 of 855 Old 03-04-14, 12:48 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Definitely need some more pics.

"Music is the space between the notes"
“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #160 of 855 Old 03-04-14, 11:09 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

I think a foot behind would be ok - are you planning to use Audyssey or a like piece of software? It should be able to handle the delays and such without an issue...