Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 24 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #231 of 855 Old 04-14-14, 07:03 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: My retirement Home Theater

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Thanks! We are trying to keep it looking nice but at the same time old, and reuse some of our old deck wood. The inside of the theater will not be rustic at all though. All the walls will be fabric covered and have some Japanese Kimonos (or Kimono silk material) on the walls. We have the LED lighting for the ceiling, and the stairs already too. I am just waiting on getting the $$$ to get some more OSB and then Green Glue and drywall.
Tomorrow night we plan on mapping out the speakers. We might have to move the screen 2 feet closer to give us room for our speakers. If we do this it will bring the front row up to about 11' from the screen.
I forgot Ron - how big is the screen again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 855 Old 04-14-14, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
I forgot Ron - how big is the screen again?
The screen will be 19' wide, but will be masked to whatever I end up being comfortable with for viewing for 2.40, and 16x9 viewing.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #233 of 855 Old 04-14-14, 11:52 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
The screen will be 19' wide, but will be masked to whatever I end up being comfortable with for viewing for 2.40, and 16x9 viewing.
Ah, ok, no worries then on potentially having the seating closer...

post #234 of 855 Old 04-25-14, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

What do most people do for locking up the room? Our HT is accessed from a sunroom but the Sunroom is not really as secure as I would like (windows slide open from the covered deck on the exterior wall, which means they can be opened from outside of the pond area. The window is also 10' wide so I don't think that helps security much. The entry door to the pond is a glass and wood door also.) so I think the HT door should also be secured.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

post #235 of 855 Old 04-26-14, 08:14 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

I have always had a drop bar or stick for my sliding glass doer. That door wont be opening at all unless the glass is broken.

"Music is the space between the notes"
“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #236 of 855 Old 04-26-14, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
I have always had a drop bar or stick for my sliding glass doer. That door wont be opening at all unless the glass is broken.
Good idea (I will do that for sure)... I am also going to get a good lock for the HT though as I will have too much money invested to leave it protected by a glass door and large window.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #237 of 855 Old 05-02-14, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Just went to my local Electrical Supply House, and I picked up putty pads for 99 cents each! They are not the fire rated Hilti ones I was buying but these are the Acoustical grey ones. Big savings on these... $.99 vs $5. These do not have the odor of the others, and appear to be identical other than the fire treatment red mix.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #238 of 855 Old 05-02-14, 09:35 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
Just went to my local Electrical Supply House, and I picked up putty pads for 99 cents each! They are not the fire rated Hilti ones I was buying but these are the Acoustical grey ones. Big savings on these... $.99 vs $5. These do not have the odor of the others, and appear to be identical other than the fire treatment red mix.
Doh! I wish I had found some of those! Great find!

post #239 of 855 Old 05-02-14, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

I just looked at the invoice... Dottie 68 sound barrier pad $.912 each. Even less than I thought! The only thing is they are made of a rubber and not clay... I will see how they work out this weekend and report back.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #240 of 855 Old 05-03-14, 08:09 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
I just looked at the invoice... Dottie 68 sound barrier pad $.912 each. Even less than I thought! The only thing is they are made of a rubber and not clay... I will see how they work out this weekend and report back.
Sounds good - thanks Ron!