Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 32 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #311 of 856 Old 07-02-14, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System
Re: Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
if your water is hot, why do you need a heater? :Neener: lol

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 856 Old 07-04-14, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Today we got the garage door wall almost done... We need 2 more sheets of drywall to complete the walls. We decided since we had extra hat channel and clips that we would go the extra mile and use them on that wall... It was either that or 4 layers of OSB, GG, and drywall. So we did the clips, OSB, GG, and dw. We also got the front height speakers mounted and aimed.

Saturday we hope to get the wall finished, ceiling finished (only 4' x 19' behind the header), carpet the stage, 1/4 pie bass bins built for the LCR, and maybe mount the screen to the frame. Sunday we hope to have at least one of the DDs completed and installed, all the equipment in the room, projector hung, and recliners in place, with the room ready for hooking up everything..

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #313 of 856 Old 07-05-14, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Today we got the wall behind the screen completed, one of the double doors installed with an extra layer of MDF, Installed the auto seal, re installed the door. and we started on 3 of the 1/4 Pie Bass bins (which are about 1/3 done). Sunday we will finish all 3 1/4 Pie Bass Bins, paint them, finish the ceiling behind the screen, clean the room, and start installing audio, and video equipment.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #314 of 856 Old 07-06-14, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Today we got the 3 1/4 pie speakers built and painted... We had a few setbacks today but we still got some progress. Monday we should have the ceiling behind the screen dry walled, and have at least 2 of the speakers hooked up and running. We are also going to try and get the projector and screen installed.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #315 of 856 Old 07-09-14, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Over the last few days I have been getting the system up in the new location... I have all the speakers except for the center channel up and running (center channel just needs the drivers installed). The projector is sitting temporarily on a makeshift shelf, and the side surrounds, and rear surrounds are just sitting on the floor waiting to be installed properly (but they are calibrated in their current locations. We have watched a few movies over the last couple of days and all of our guests love the setup. I am going to have to mask the sides as the projector doesn't have enough throw to go the full width (we are around 150" 16x9). Here is my Win 7 desktop shot on the screen...

Ron

My Home Theater

post #316 of 856 Old 07-09-14, 02:24 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Wow, I thought my 32" monitor was big! Lol

Your room is gonna be real nice Ellis.
post #317 of 856 Old 07-10-14, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

I got the center channel up and working today, and hung the rear speakers. Here is a pic of the screen folded up to show part of the front channel speakers...

Here is an enhanced pic of the seating with the makeshift projector mount (the room is so dark that my cellphone can't capture everything properly)...

Ron

My Home Theater

post #318 of 856 Old 07-10-14, 07:57 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Looking good! I'm stuck in the living room slider behind the display. I'll be happy to get blackout curtains let alone your great level of darkness.
post #319 of 856 Old 07-10-14, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
Looking good! I'm stuck in the living room slider behind the display. I'll be happy to get blackout curtains let alone your great level of darkness.
The AE8000 projector has blown me away with it's black levels, and memory functions. It is awesome to load up a movie and have it automatically zoom, and focus the picture for me. I am also very surprised that we haven't even painted the wall behind the screen, And you can't even tell.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #320 of 856 Old 07-10-14, 09:50 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Man this things is coming along nicely.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.