Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 56 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #551 of 856 Old 02-24-15, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System
Re: Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
Curios how the Koi pond is progressing?
I have been lazy lately (no surprise here )... Which means no progress since the flagstone has went down. Hopefully we will get the railings up soon. Not sure when I will have the cash to do the Ironwood bridge and decking for the rest though. I also want to remove my 400 gallon undergound settling tank, and replace it with a $4000 RDF. All I need is cash to finish all the projects... The story of my life.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 856 Old 02-25-15, 12:14 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

I hear ya about the cash. At least its still moving forward. I look forward to the Koi progress. Bridge sounds awesome. Sounds like something I may do for my backyard.

"Music is the space between the notes"
“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #553 of 856 Old 03-09-15, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

My Asthma is bothering me again and my wife thinks it is from all the new construction smells in the HT... So I decided to look into getting something to remove the odors on a daily basis.

I just ordered these...
1. This hopefully will take care of any odors in the HT. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. This hopefully will push the aire fast enough through the carbon scrubber. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am planning on installing them on the 8" HVAC return line. The return line is i believe either 25' or 50' of flex hose zig zagged across the ceiling and exiting the HT to our hall closet. I think that I can install the fan in there , and then install the Carbon scrubber on the other end of the fan. If it is too noisey I think that these should work on each side of the fan. http://www.phreshfilter.com/products...silencers.aspx

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #554 of 856 Old 03-10-15, 12:49 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Do you also have a dry environment or no?

My dad added a humidifier or something to add moisture in the air and that felt much better than the dry air.

“[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.”
post #555 of 856 Old 03-10-15, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
Do you also have a dry environment or no?

My dad added a humidifier or something to add moisture in the air and that felt much better than the dry air.
Our humidy is around 60%... Is that considered dry, normal, wet...?

Ron

My Home Theater

post #556 of 856 Old 03-10-15, 02:55 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

lol Thats humid. I have never has asthma in my life then when I moved to OZ I suddenly have it. It is about 0% humidity here. 60% would be like a rainforest for me. And I am used to Indiana that has many muggy days of 100% humidity and no rain for days.

But my asthma gets horrible at certain parts of the year.

post #557 of 856 Old 03-14-15, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Update: I got the carbon scrubber filter installed today.. Bad news is I was told it would not work very well the way I wanted to do it. I was told it is harder to pull the air 50' than to push it 50' so what I did was mount the fan and filter behind the screen. When it is running full on it is a bit noisy with nothing on, but when I watch something at -20 or higher it is not noticed for the most part. I plugged it into an Insteon out door outlet,` which allows me to turn it on and of remotely. The plan is to turn it on at night after we go to sleep and then have it turn of after 4 hours. Tonight we turned it of while we were at a party and the room was pretty refreshed when we got home... I am thinking after a week of doing this the chemical smells should be pretty much gone.

I went to our hall closet to see what the noise was like, and if you didn't know there was a fan exhausting air into it you would never know... Until you go to close the door! When you close the door you can feel the air pressure fighting you. If I could have done it the way I wanted I think it would have ben dead quiet while running. The fan is a 750cfm unit which is no slouch when pushing the air. It was suggested that I try a Panasonic but it would not have had enough umph to get the job done.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #558 of 856 Old 03-17-15, 04:58 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
A friend in another forum suggested i try out the Roger Waters CD (Amused to death) which was recorded in Q Sound. I just got it ripped to the HDD, and sat down in the 2nd row to listen to it......................................................................... ..

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I could hear a bobcat to my right with dogs barking in my driveway (about 20' in front of me), people talking about 2' in front and to my left about 8' away. I have never heard anything like this coming from 2 channels. I had to stop listening after the first song to gather my thoughts!

I highly suggest anyone who likes Pink Floyd music to give this a listen.
This is a brilliant disc and one that has lots of sonic surprises. Be well rested when trying to listen to the whole thing at once, you will be drained by the end. When you hear a lady speaking to you almost into your left ear, might be time for a nap

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #559 of 856 Old 03-23-15, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Got some news from my Dr. today.... Appears i am not allergic to anything in the HT. Bad news is I have become allergic to Wheat, which means i am going to have a major change of diet. At least most of the Beer I like is Wheat free.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #560 of 856 Old 03-24-15, 07:19 AM
Shackster

Good news, Bad News.

Sorry to hear about the wheat allergy. Lots of processed foods use wheat in them, so lots of label reading.

Truly impressive HT build.