Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 57 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #561 of 855 Old 03-24-15, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System
Re: Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home

Quote:
TheGimp wrote: View Post
Good news, Bad News.

Sorry to hear about the wheat allergy. Lots of processed foods use wheat in them, so lots of label reading.

Truly impressive HT build.
My wife makes everything from scratch already... We have as little processed food as we can. This morning i tried some Gluton free bread. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't my normal Killer Bread.

At least I am not allergic to anything in the HT. Hopefully i will get motivated to finish off the last few panels so the HT will be 100% done (until I go Atmos).

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 855 Old 04-02-15, 11:12 AM
Senior Shackster
muzz

Wow, this turned out great, and it sounds like you and your family/friends are really enjoying it!
I have the Roger Waters "In the Flesh" DVD(not BR unfortunately), and that concert was superb IMO.
I've been wanting to start my own build, but things have to happen to get it going....when I peruse through these different builds it helps motivate me to take care of duct moving and the like, so I can get going.

Great Build, Thanks for sharing!

Buying more cheap stuff to get better sound is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #563 of 855 Old 04-07-15, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Tonight I listened to my 5.1 version of Rush - Moving Pictures and it sounded awesome... Which got me to looking for software for extracting my DVDAudio Music discs to the HDD. I found some software, and I ripped it to Flac files (individual per song), and then tested it out to make sure it works... It does and they sound great!
I have about half a dozen DVDs to rip now. Next is to find some software for extracting my SACD music to the HDD.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #564 of 855 Old 04-07-15, 01:00 PM
HTS Reviewer

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
...so the HT will be 100% done
IMPOSSIBLE!

post #565 of 855 Old 04-07-15, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
IMPOSSIBLE!
LOL

Ron

My Home Theater

post #566 of 855 Old 05-01-15, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

I have been adding DVD-A discs to my collection over the last few weeks, and i now have a new favorite reference quality demo disc..... Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues in 5.1 ripped to FLAC. It sounds the best of all the CDs, and 5.1 discs that i have, plus it is the first album in a while that i can just put on and listen to for hours! I had a couple of friends over yesterday (at 2 different times who were both familiar with the album), and they both commented that they had never heard this album sound so good. They also commented that this was the best album they have ever heard on my setup! We were listening at -20 on the Denon, and i brought up the SPL meter on my Android which showed it at 82DB (I have been listening for hours at this level), but it sounded great!

Ron

My Home Theater

post #567 of 855 Old 05-04-15, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

One of my Recliners failed so it is being returned to Costco. I decided this time to go with a manual recliner that can be attached to the other recliners, and to get them with cupholders. I ordered 4 Coaster Palladium recliners in black, and they should be here Friday or Saturday.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #568 of 855 Old 05-07-15, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

New seats just arrived! Now we have a nice rear row, and a mixed front row of a couch, and a power recliner. New seats are pretty nice (non-powered). Next thing for the seats will be USB charging hookups on each seat, mount for Tablet (HT control), and a food tray. Still have to finish the panels too.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #569 of 855 Old 05-07-15, 09:08 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
New seats just arrived! Now we have a nice rear row, and a mixed front row of a couch, and a power recliner. New seats are pretty nice (non-powered). Next thing for the seats will be USB charging hookups on each seat, mount for Tablet (HT control), and a food tray. Still have to finish the panels too.
PICS!!
post #570 of 855 Old 05-07-15, 11:09 PM
Shackster

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
PICS!!
X2 please!!!

klaatu barada nik*cough*