Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home - Page 73 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

43Likes

post #721 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System
Yup it is the 2208...if you look up a few posts, I listed the link to the seller. The amps are around $2500 msrp new.

One other HTC member also bought one. The fans are on constantly, but I replaced them with some noticeably quieter ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System
We are currently trying the JUL 2360a horns crossed over at 400hz instead of 500hz with the EV DH1A drivers.
post #723 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 08:55 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Re: Ellis Family Retirement HT: Go big or go home

No link on my end but thats ok. I cant believe they are selling for that cheap. WOW.

That 2360 horn is a bit too small for me. I was looking at an old EV horn or 2380 for a center channel perhaps. But who knows. Deals seems to happen when I dont have any money.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.

post #724 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

The cm2208 usually goes for around $600 used i believe. I just sent you a link that is much cheaper than what i paid... I hope you can get it!

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #725 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

I just put the minimum bid on it. If you don't get it, and want it I will sell it to you for what I paid.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #726 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
No link on my end but thats ok. I cant believe they are selling for that cheap. WOW.

That 2360 horn is a bit too small for me. I was looking at an old EV horn or 2380 for a center channel perhaps. But who knows. Deals seems to happen when I don't have any money.
I used to have the EV Horn that was about the same size as my 2360A... I gave it away when I got the 3rd 2360A.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #727 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 09:35 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Ya as soon as I clicked on the link it said the bidding had ended. LOL

The EV horn was an option if I cant find the 2380 for an OK price. I know someone who has the EV horn just sitting on a shelf. Figured I would buy it off of him if I cant find anything. That guy also has way to much expensive equipment. Powersoft only amps, Lake Processors blah blah I cant afford one of his setups. But maybe the shelf product that is collecting dust.

[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #728 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Ron

My System

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
Ya as soon as I clicked on the link it said the bidding had ended. LOL
I got it for the minimum bid.

I have one other possible person that might want another one...if not back up on eBay with it. I might actually get lucky and make a little money on it for once.

Ron

My Home Theater

post #729 of 856 Old 05-24-16, 10:33 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

DO what you can, this hobby is expensive.
ellisr63 likes this.

post #730 of 856 Old 05-26-16, 06:00 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Ellis, I love reading these posts on your forum here, they make me feel that anything is possible in my own place....well slightly less possible as I do not have a bank in my closet but I will follow your example here and do it right.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"