Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

comparing hi def resolutions

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Blaser 
#1 ·
I have been following the discussions on projection viewing and though I do not own one, I am curious to know from those of you that do whether a 1080p resolution on a LCD/Plasma/DLP is comparable to the 1080p image from a 1080p projector, all things being equal.

#2 ·
Its all about distance and the size of screen. If you sit far enough back even a 480p image will look great. A 1080p image on a 100" screen sitting at almost any distance is fantastic but you will loos the benefits of having that 1080 lines as you get farther back.

#4 ·
Rarely are all things equal in this business. Making generalizations is very difficult with so much variance in models, viewing conditions, and personal preferences.

#6 ·
IMO the size advantage delivered by the projector at 1080p resolution is awsome. From the same distance a smaller panel PQ will be better but not as involving as a big sized image...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.