Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

EPSON® PowerLite® Home Cinema 5010/5010e Official Thread

26K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 · (Edited)
The PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 and 5010e are designed to offer outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance for home entertainment and AV enthusiasts. With 1080p native resolution, contrast ratio of up to 200,000:1 and brightness of up to 2,400 lumens*, these extremely bright 3LCD projectors are ideal for viewing on large screens and in ambient light conditions. Featuring bright 3D Drive Technology, as well as cinema filter for improved color fidelity and a new Spilt Screen** mode for watching two sources at once, the Home Cinema 5010 and 5010e provide a fantastic big screen experience at home.

Estimated Street Price
Home Cinema 5010 – sub $2,999 (wired)
Home Cinema 5010e – sub-$3,499 (wireless)

Target Market

• Home entertainment and AV enthusiasts looking for outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance

High-Performing 3D Entertainment at Home

• 1080p resolution with bright 3D Drive Technology, which drives the panels at 480Hz, essentially doubling the image refresh rate of 240Hz panels, delivering ultra-bright images and reduced crosstalk
  • Bright 480 Hz drive technology for improving light output in 3D mode; extremely high brightness of up to 2,400 color and white light output* for viewing on large screens and in ambient light conditions
  • Outstanding contrast ratio of up to 200,000:1 for incredible black levels
  • Split Screen feature for watching two pictures at once, or watching TV and using the Internet at the same time**
  • Super Resolution technology and FineFrame™ Technology for smoother frame interpolation and sharper video quality (2D Mode)
  • Two anamorphic lens modes (stretch and squeeze) to enable 2.35:1 anamorphic viewing without an external processor***
  • 2D to 3D conversion to enhance your 3D experience
  • Cinema filter feature delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
  • Excellent video image quality with Fujinon® OptiCinema™ lens (2.1 zoom ratio)
  • Epson 3LCD technology for amazing color and detail
  • WirelessHD for easy, high-quality audio and video connection to your HD sources without cables (5010e only)

Value-Add Features for Flexible Home Cinema

• Five colors modes in 2D and two color modes in 3D to easily adapt to different viewing environments
  • HDMI (two), component video, composite video, VGA, RCA audio, and USB connections for flexibility
  • 230 W E-TORL® lamp delivers high brightness and up to 6,000 hours of lamp life****
  • Dimensions – 14.4” x 16.5” x 5.4” (W x D x H)
  • Weight – 13.2 lb

Warranty and Support

• Two-year parts and labor limited warranty, 90-day lamp warranty, Epson Home Service Program and PrivateLine® dedicated toll-free support

PJCentral Review

Art's Review at ProjectorReview.com

###​

* Color and white light output will vary depending on mode selected. White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard.
** Split screen not available in 3D mode
*** For use with external fixed or movable anamorphic lens options
**** Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.

Attachments

See less See more
#49 ·
I'll assume you mean the Epson 5010 since I believe the Canon 5010 is a scanner printer. You cannot use passive glasses with an active 3D setup. You have to buy the proper glasses for your setup. I'm not sure if this works for the 5010 but I do know that the Sony Playstation 3D glasses work with my Epson 3010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.