Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Projector recomendation: Optoma hd33 vs Epson 3010 vs Acer H9500BD

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  saliv1215 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

My research shows that these are the best 3 projectors that do 3d and are under $2,000. My question is what would you go with if the application is going to be for movies only in 2.35:1. I'm going to be using it to watch movies on a CIH screen and I plan to zoom the lens and keep it that way so that it would fit the screen. Can anyone recommend which one of these projectors will be a good bet for CIH where the black bars arent too noticeable? And I heard great things about the 3D on them.

PS. I had asked the question about 3D and CIH before on this forum and the reccomendations that I got were for projectors above $2000

#5 ·
27dnast said:
I could be wrong about this, but some of the PJ recommendations that you got (the ones you said are above $2K) might be available for below $2K in the coming months as the 2013 models roll out. Be patient and watch for current models to go on sale!
Thanks, I have been looking at the epson 5020. Thinking about this, newer version of the 5010. Due out in early October. Thanks for your assistance .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.