Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Optima hd33

Tags
hd33 optima
3K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  SeanMc 
#1 ·
I've had my eye on the Optima HD33 for quite some time. Just waiting for the price to come down a bit. At the same price range should I have my eyes set on another brand model? I don't need or want 3d and I'll e in a basement with little ambient light.

Any thoughts. I can get the hd33 right now for about 1299

#7 ·
Hd33 - anything better for this price range?

I'm a pretty set on an hd33 unless I can be persuaded otherwise. Is there anything at that price that is comparable or better that you know of?.

I'm looking to get a 120-135" screen or paint the wall.

Any thoughts?

#9 ·
Re: Hd33 - anything better for this price range?

I'm a pretty set on an hd33 unless I can be persuaded otherwise. Is there anything at that price that is comparable or better that you know of?.

I'm looking to get a 120-135" screen or paint the wall.

Any thoughts?
the Epson 3020 is about on par with the Optoma if you're looking for something comparable

as for screens.... it depends. you can make a fantastic screen with DIY. also look at craigslist, that's how I got a draper cineperm 120 incher for only $100.

what's your wall look like, what's the substrate it's made of. texture etc.

#20 ·
is that BenQ @ Costco price is online or at your local Costco?

Because I don't see the w1070 available online :(

I really was not shopping for a PJ, but I may just swoop it up for a budget setup in my new casa.
It's the BenQ w1250. Exact same model with better remote. Check online reviews. It seems like costco doesn't want to lose out on sales due to price matching so they paid or BenQ to change the model number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.