The Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector Giveaway Qualification Thread - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

Closed Thread
post #11 of 44 Old 11-18-13, 12:23 PM
Senior Shackster
Re: The Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector Giveaway Qualification Thread

Okay, I am qualified for this one.

I've been wanting to do a projector with an acoustically transparent screen for two or three years now. I haven't been able to do it yet. This would obviously make it a reality (if I DIY the Seymour CenterStage XD screen for a few hundred bucks, which I intended to do anyway). Awesome giveaway yet again!
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 44 Old 11-18-13, 12:48 PM
Senior Shackster
I've always wanted a projector ever since on of my college friends had a 100 inch screen on a bed sheet that still managed to look great in dark light, and this was a Chinese piece of , I can only imagine a quality projector on a quality screen being quite the show. I would love to sett this up in our living room since we have excellent light control. It would be great since we have company over almost everyday just to sit and hang with us. Our 55 inch led gets praise all the time, can't imagine reactions to this bad boy. Good luck to all who have entered, and thanks again Sonnie and HTS for giving everyone an opportunity to attain quality gear we otherwise couldn't afford.
post #13 of 44 Old 11-18-13, 08:29 PM

I love Panasonic projectors and they are they the only brand we install in our HT systems. I am still running my AE-2000 and would love to have a HD 1080P projector. I need it bad.

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be this messed up.
post #14 of 44 Old 11-21-13, 10:21 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

I own a Panasonic TV and love the black levels.
I have never owned a projector and would love to have a dedicated home theater. I would convert one of the rooms so when it is movie time the family can enjoy.
post #15 of 44 Old 11-24-13, 09:25 AM

Please consider my entry to this contest. My two year old son would love to watch his disney classic "dumbo" on the big screen. And this would help get us there!
post #16 of 44 Old 11-25-13, 08:40 PM
Elite Shackster
My System

Sonnie wrote:

Well... let's think about that.
There you go asking me to think again!

Thanks Sonnie, looks like I'm qualified so I definatly want to be entered. Should be finishing up my HT within the next 6 months & this will really help me get there (on a budget don't ya know)! Good luck to all.
post #17 of 44 Old 11-27-13, 04:22 PM
Senior Shackster
My System
Please enter me in the drawing. Right now I only have a 59" plasma. If I win this projector I will buy a motorized, tensioned screen and have it drop down in front of the plasma for movie viewing! Theater complete!
post #18 of 44 Old 11-29-13, 01:06 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

I would love to be entered into this giveaway. Once again thank you HTS

If I were to win this I would install a drop down screen in front of my 55" LCD tv. I've considered doing this anyway since it may be awhile before I have a dedicated HT room. It seems many people are very high on Panasonic projectors.
post #19 of 44 Old 11-30-13, 08:09 AM
Elite Shackster
My System

I am qualified please enter me into the giveaway. I run 2 PJ's and my Optoma has a broken HDMI and it just blew the bulb so I would love to use the Panny in it's place. Thanks again HTS for having another great giveaway and especially to Sonnie, Thanks.

Onkyo TX-NR809 HT receiver
HPS-4000,SR-70, John Allen, Klipsch Heresy, Speakers for L.C.R.
QSC GX-5 power amp for L+R mains
Chase Home Theater PRO-10's for surrounds
Behringer EP 4000 pro amp for the Danley DTS-10 tapped horn sub
Oppo BDP-93 universal BD player
Toshiba HD XA2 HD dvd player
Sony VW-VPLPRO1 1080p PJ
Cinema White 1.0 gain 106" fixed frame screen
Dish network with 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey

Last edited by tcarcio; 11-30-13 at 03:52 PM.
post #20 of 44 Old 11-30-13, 02:08 PM

When I head down to my basement theater and fire up the lights, audio, and projector, my excitement is slightly dampened when I look at the poor contrast and lack of sharp picture of the projector. I spent a lot of time making my modest theater as good as I could make it. My budget speakers and budget A/V receiver combine well to make some solid sound, but the compromises I had to make on the projector because of price and the dreaded DLP rainbow effect have left me underwhelmed.

I originally had a DLP 1080p projector with 15,000:1 contrast ratio. It had great black levels and a clear picture, especially considering the price. But I saw rainbows everywhere. My heart sank, and I started to worry that I had spent a year of my life and a substantial amount of money to watch movies that looked like acid flashbacks. I finally sucked it up and returned the projector, eating the $150 re-stocking fee, and got an LCD projector. The LCD has vivid colors and no rainbows, but the contrast is a pathetic 3000:1, and it lacks the sharpness of full 1080 HD.

I love my home theater. This is the first time I have done anything like it, and I am hooked. It has only been complete since August, but my wife, kids, and I have already made it a favorite part of our weekend. I want to upgrade my projector, but I can't. It just isn't feasible right now. I have tried to do the best with what I have by using masking and an ND filter to improve perceived contrast, but what I need is the Panasonic PT-AE4000U. Thanks for your time and consideration!

"That's the problem with do-it-yourself, sometimes it does it back." - Tom Good, The Good Life
Closed Thread

giveaway , panasonic , projector , ptae4000u , qualification , thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page