The Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector Giveaway Qualification Thread - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

Closed Thread
post #21 of 44 Old 11-30-13, 04:35 PM
Senior Shackster
Re: The Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector Giveaway Qualification Thread

I have been an audio / video guy since I was 10 years old when I built a carbon microphone from the anode of a D cell battery and ran it through a single power transistor for 3rd grade show and tell. By 12 years old I built some hi fidelity speakers from a SpeakerLab kit and my own cabinets. (1972 people just starting to get into this).

By 15 years old I was running lights and sound for a local rock band. In university I was the first engineering student to successfully build a digital audio delay unit. This was cutting edge at that time as delay units (echo) were what was called analog bucket brigade. Meaning a copy of a copy of a copy. Terrible distortion.

Studied recording and live sound engineering in Hollywood. Continued to work in sound and loved it.

Fast forward a few years. I have not worked in the sound profession for a few years but have helped countless people and churches set up their systems. I still record projects once in a while. My home setup includes a private listening setup with a dedicated DAC, graphic EQ, and Beyer Dynamic headphones.

The main reason I would love to have this high end projector is that for the past several years I have been 100% disabled. What this means is that there are stretches of time where the only thing I am able to do is watch TV / Videos / remote lectures. It is a huge challenge on these days to keep a positive attitude. An awesome projector won't fix my situation but I am certain that it would give me some joy on tough days. I won't die if I don't get it and I hope that whoever gets it enjoys it for years to come. But it would be pretty cool to have it to watch games and movies in awesome super size and quality.

Sponsored Links
post #22 of 44 Old 12-02-13, 03:33 PM

After 25 years out of the business, now I'm back involved with my crack habit, and building a theater in the family room.

My wife is surprisingly accommodating to me in my habit, and she actually likes the idea of a projector - provided the screen is a drop down, and more importantly, can be pulled UP! Of course, it does tie in to the kitchen remodel she wants, as part of that will open up the kitchen to the family room, so the big screen will be visible to her as she fixes the popcorn

Any time the opportunity is there to take a bite out of the projected (sorry, couldn't resist) costs, I'm in...
post #23 of 44 Old 12-08-13, 07:15 AM
Senior Shackster
My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

I'm qualified and would like to enter my name for a chance to win this sweet PJ.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words so here is 2k reasons why I would like to win this giveaway,

That right, I'm still rocken 34" of old school CRT technology , it still has a great picture but after six years I'm ready to move into the new age.

If I were to win the PT-AE4000U giveaway my intended use for it would be to bring friends and family together for some awesome BIG screen adventures. Can you imagine the look on my grandsons face when I say, "hey buddy let's go watch a movie" I can, and it looks like this ! Or when I invite my buddies over for the next Superbowl / NASCAR race, they will have this look .

Winning would also give me the motivation and justification to make some much needed changes to my little slice of heaven. Rotating the room 180* and sealing it off from the rest of the house for light control would be priority #1, then repainting all the walls/ceiling for optimized color and contrast.

So you see, if I where to win it wouldn't just be for me. It would be a win for everyone the local economy as well and here in Dayton, Ohio we sure need it.

A big thank you to Sonnie / Home Theater Shack for a another sweet giveaway Good luck to all my fellow HTS members who qualify and enter, May the Odds Ever be in Our Favor!

hyghwayman aka Donnie
post #24 of 44 Old 12-09-13, 11:58 AM
My System
Send a message via MSN to PC509

I'm qualified. I'd love to win this projector as an upgrade for my aging projector. I'd put it to good use (and probably upgrade my screen to a larger size at the same time) and watch even more movies!
post #25 of 44 Old 12-09-13, 12:23 PM

Yay Im qualified. As to why I would like the Panny Projector. After a basement flood, I got to rebuild my basement into a nice home theatre.

Unfortunately my Epson projector crapped out on me, right after the warrant expired. I am projector less and due to a 2 month leave from work required by surgery, I am also broke and cant replace the projector right now.

Help my poor abandoned theatre! Oh the humanity!
post #26 of 44 Old 12-12-13, 10:09 AM
Senior Shackster

Why do I want/need this projector? Well I've always liked the Panasonic PT-AE series projectors - I happened on a PT-AE700U years ago. That was my favorite projector ever....until a lightning strike killed it. That strike practically took out everything I had at the time - (3 LCD tv's...gone, the projector...gone - multi channel power amp and receiver that I used as a prepro - gone, and one of my Wharfedale SW-380 subwoofers ....blown - I turned it into a passive)! It looked like I was out of it but the price of projector still held up under my insurance - unfortunately other articles didn't fair the same. I managed to piece together a respectable system and compromised on my projector (I got a HDMI 720P BenQ - that didn't have near the features of the AE700U)! I especially loved the lens shift feature - I need that feature!!! I may never come across one again - but if I win this one, I would be grateful and thankful! I doesn't hurt that it would actually be a major upgrade for me too (native 1080p projector)!!!!! If I did win this - I'd give my current projector to someone else who needed it (and it's in great condition).
post #27 of 44 Old 12-13-13, 07:21 PM
Senior Shackster
My System

i believe i'm qualified,as for my reasons for entering the givaway are my son got married and moved out,so i decdecided to box up everything he had left behind and sneak boxes into his trunk on visits,then i ripped out the closet and was left with a 10x13 room,been working on it for the past 12 months on and off due to work schedule,saving up and putting the HT puzzle together,this would be one of the last pieces.not that i would be completely done (who ever really is ?) so with that being said thanks again HTS for the awesome givaways!
post #28 of 44 Old 12-13-13, 10:53 PM
Senior Shackster

Throw my name into the hat as I believe I'm now qualified. If I were to win this beautiful projector I'd setup a 100" screen in the living room for my niece and nephew to enjoy while others can enjoy the 135" downstairs. The tiny 63" plasma needs to go ha. Thank you for your consideration and for all the hard work that goes into keeping this kick a** forum running!
post #29 of 44 Old 01-10-14, 12:47 PM
Senior Shackster

I believe I am qualified and would like to enter. I'd love to win this projector because I am getting married soon and it would be a nice addition to our future home I currently have a 46" lcd tv and winning a projector would be grand (my fiancee doesn't even have a tv!).

I'd hopefully convert one of the spare bedrooms into a theater room and use the projector there.

Anyway, good luck to all
post #30 of 44 Old 01-14-14, 07:26 AM
david yurik

please enter me into the drawing.

my 57 " hitachi 1080i rptv stinks and this would be a tremendous upgrade!!

this website is going to make me finish my basement. do you realize how much money your costing me sonnie??

AVR - Pioneer RSX cheap AMP - Rotel RB-956AX ( for the sub )
AC FILT - Harbor Freight power strip DISPLAY - Hitachi 12 year old 57" 1080i
MAIN - 4" bookshelf super cheap CENTER - Phantom Mode
SURROUND - no place to hang them SURROUND BACK - Paradigm Titan V.2's
SUB - PSB 10" passive

Last edited by david yurik; 01-14-14 at 07:27 AM. Reason: add a pic
Closed Thread

giveaway , panasonic , projector , ptae4000u , qualification , thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page