Sony ct150 help - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 8 Old 11-21-14, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Sony ct150 help

My hdmi cable went bad that was connected from my cable box to the 150 sub i changed it and now i lost my connection between the two with my remote i use to use my cable remote for everything except for changing inputs

I dont remember if i had to do anything special to get this to work right i set it up 3 years ago and havnt had an issue had a bad cable today put the new cable now i cant do anything with the cable remote it only controls the tv doesnt control the soundbar volume like it did and wont turn on both together like it did

how do i get this to sync back up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-22-14, 11:04 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: Sony ct150 help

First, welcome to the Forum!

I assume you have some kind of cable box and your HDMI cable doesn’t have its own remote (lots of use of the word “cable” with no kind of delineation). That said, you didn’t provide enough information for us to help. For instance, depending you how you have things configured, the actual volume controlling could be coming from the TV, the cable box or the sound bar itself. In addition we have these mysteries:
Quote:
iamloco724 wrote: View Post
...i use to use my cable remote for everything...
Exactly what all does “everything” entail?

Quote:
...except for changing inputs
Changing inputs on what, the TV or the sound bar?

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 8 Old 11-22-14, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Sorry for some missing info

TV Panasonic TC-L37DT30 that is connected via HDMI ARC to Sony CT-150 Soundbar/Sub, connected to the 3 HDMI ports on my sub are my Fios DVR, PS3 and my Popcorn Hour A-400

The way its been working since i hooked it up 3 years ago has been my cable remote i was able to hit tv power on that and my tv and soundbar/sub would turn on, and i was able to control the volume through there as well as mute, only thing i had to use the soundbar remote for was to change inputs the inputs were the soundbar inputs the tv input stayed the same everything is ran through the soundbar

When i changed the volume on my tv would appear "home theater volume"

now no matter what i do i cant seem to get this back to working like this since i replaced that hdmi cable which was the one that was going from one of the hdmi ports on the sub to my cable box

any other info needed please let me know, im very frustrated as i have done everything i can think of and more so frustrated because i know it has worked one way for 3 years
post #4 of 8 Old 11-22-14, 07:58 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Sounds like you simply need to reprogram the cable remote. It’s also possible that your new HDMI cable is bad, or maybe it’s not plugged in all the way.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #5 of 8 Old 11-22-14, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Wayne A. Pflughaupt wrote: View Post
Sounds like you simply need to reprogram the cable remote. Itís also possible that your new HDMI cable is bad, or maybe itís not plugged in all the way.

Regards,
Wayne
The problem with that is i never programmed the remote to begin with it just worked, and there is no codes for other devices besides tv for my cable remote

and if the hdmi cable was bad id assume i would have other problems besides this remote issue, the picture works fine and sound works fine everything else works fine

the reason the remote worked to begin with and should work now is because the CEC function which is Viera Link on the tv and BraviaSync on the soundbar
post #6 of 8 Old 11-22-14, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I have tried different hdmi cable i have also tried a different hdmi port for the cable box

I also now remember when it worked right away 3 years ago when i first set it up its because both devices have CEC bar is Bravia Sync and TV is VIERA Link, all my settings for that is right so im not sure why it all the sudden just stopped this one thing after i switched out my original cable
post #7 of 8 Old 11-23-14, 02:15 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Quote:
iamloco724 wrote: View Post
I also now remember when it worked right away 3 years ago when i first set it up its because both devices have CEC bar is Bravia Sync and TV is VIERA Link, all my settings for that is right
I have no idea what Bravia or VIERA Link is, but if you’re sure everything’s set up right then something obviously has broken. You might double check the relevant manuals and/or call the manufacturer’s support.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #8 of 8 Old 12-10-14, 10:39 AM
Shackster

I would check the setup on your TV to make sure that the CT150 is detected by your TV through Viera Link. The TV is controlling the CT150 through the HDMI cable, if you have a remote that came with the 150 I would test that and confirm that it works by itself just to be sure that the surround sound unit isn't malfunctioning.