Firmware update available for Onkyo TX SR805 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 3 Old 05-20-08, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Firmware update available for Onkyo TX SR805

Firmware update available for Onkyo TX SR805

Apparently this is a major upgrade and can only be done at an authorized service center (very few around the country) and not by download.
The apparent fixes are faster switching between surround modes and a fix to the DTS Master audio "bomb" problem with some BluRay DVDs that some people have reported and some other minor tweaks.

I have to ship mine to Ontario Canada (halfway across the country) Not sure if I want to do that.

You will have to contact Onkyo for more info.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-08, 12:47 PM
Senior Shackster

Jerm357

Re: Firmware update available for Onkyo TX SR805

If you are brave enuff, joerod at AVS has just received all the latest Main Firmwares for models 605 and up. You just have to send him the the request and state the model of receiver you have and your email and he will send it to you. Read this thread.....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1013565

and this thread....

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1016297
post #3 of 3 Old 05-29-08, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: Firmware update available for Onkyo TX SR805

Well, after a bit of trial and error my firmware update went really well. The biggest improvement was the mode switching delay is now gone and it switches between surround modes within about one second of getting the signal.
Onkyo needs to make this firmware easier to install as its not a straight forward process. The DSP update was also very simple and gets rid of the so called DTS master audio "bomb" that some have reported.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900