Need some help on a pre amp/Home theater - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lumen
  • 1 Post By RTS100x5
  • 1 Post By RTS100x5

post #1 of 8 Old 03-18-17, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Need some help on a pre amp/Home theater

I have a Sherbourne PT7030 and I am just not happy with it, it is has a bunch of small issues I do not like.

1) It doesn't always play my Ipod, the music skips
2) While watching TV it switches from 2 channel to dolby music
3) You need a SPL meter to properly set up the sound (PIA)
4) Video sometimes cuts outs

I am looking to replace it without going for my lungs. Here is my system
Polk RTIA9's (modified crossovers)
Polk FXIA6 rears
Polk CSIA6 center
SVS PB12 plus sub
Emotiva XPA 1 mono blocks (two one per front speaker)
Emotiva XPA 5 for the center and rears

I am looking for something with blue tooth, USB, auto correction and easy to use. A EQ would be nice, nothing that is over complicated. I appreciate feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-20-17, 07:26 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System
Re: Need some help on a pre amp/Home theater

Someone may be able to help you troubleshoot the problems you're having. But if you're sure you want to switch, then we need to know your budget.
DEANO222 likes this.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-22-17, 10:23 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Not exactly sure what your budget is but this MARANTZ 7702mkII is extremely impressive in features and is over 40% off retail at this site - I bought the same one and its been nothing but amazing... You can get the 7701 for MUCH less but it only has AIRPLAY no BLUETOOTH .....

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...ocessor/1.html
DEANO222 likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-19-17, 10:04 AM
Shackster

Quote:
RTS100x5 wrote: View Post
Not exactly sure what your budget is but this MARANTZ 7702mkII is extremely impressive in features and is over 40% off retail at this site - I bought the same one and its been nothing but amazing... You can get the 7701 for MUCH less but it only has AIRPLAY no BLUETOOTH .....

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...ocessor/1.html
Not sure I'd go with Marantz. I had one of the earlier pre pros and from day 1 only had problems with it. Sure early on they provided a software update but a new problem would pop up . After the warranty ran out the hdmi input board just went into melt down.
They bring out new models like the change of the season's. To be honest I am avoiding Marantz for life.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 Old 06-19-17, 09:24 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Quote:
DEANO222 wrote: View Post
Not sure I'd go with Marantz. I had one of the earlier pre pros and from day 1 only had problems with it. Sure early on they provided a software update but a new problem would pop up . After the warranty ran out the hdmi input board just went into melt down.
They bring out new models like the change of the season's. To be honest I am avoiding Marantz for life.

Sorry but EVERY brand brings out new models EVERY year - so your argument there is a little weak... My Marantz - even refurbished - has performed flawlessly from day 1 and @ %40 off of retail price...
DEANO222 likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-21-17, 07:01 PM
Shackster

Quote:
RTS100x5 wrote: View Post
Sorry but EVERY brand brings out new models EVERY year - so your argument there is a little weak... My Marantz - even refurbished - has performed flawlessly from day 1 and @ %40 off of retail price...
Google Marantz hdmi issue's and see how many pop up. It was a design flaw, remedied by , you guessed it bringing out a new model. That's what I mean by Marantz bringing out a new model every year or so. Secondly who brings out a $3000 Network streamer that can't do Aiff ? Yep Marantz. I stand by what I have said, I have heard their product's and a lot sound very good , they look great but found out the hard way about reliability. If the op wants to buy one go right ahead.

post #7 of 8 Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM

sealman

My System

Quote:
DEANO222 wrote: View Post
Google Marantz hdmi issue's and see how many pop up. It was a design flaw, remedied by , you guessed it bringing out a new model.

Well if we are going to talk about HDMI boards then lets not forget about the main culprit and include Onkyo in the discussion.

We still need a budget for recommendations.

Last edited by sealman; Yesterday at 04:01 PM. Reason: forgot some info
post #8 of 8 Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Quote:
sealman wrote: View Post
Well if we are going to talk about HDMI boards then lets not forget about the main culprit and include Onkyo in the discussion.

We still need a budget for recommendations.
Ya dont even get me started on Onkyo - Best buy kicked their a$$ out the door for that very reason... I quit selling them and almost got kicked off this sight for complaining about it ....imagine that (bc HTS was sponsored by Onkyo)