Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Need some help on a pre amp/Home theater

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RTS100x5 
#1 ·
I have a Sherbourne PT7030 and I am just not happy with it, it is has a bunch of small issues I do not like.

1) It doesn't always play my Ipod, the music skips
2) While watching TV it switches from 2 channel to dolby music
3) You need a SPL meter to properly set up the sound (PIA)
4) Video sometimes cuts outs

I am looking to replace it without going for my lungs. Here is my system
Polk RTIA9's (modified crossovers)
Polk FXIA6 rears
Polk CSIA6 center
SVS PB12 plus sub
Emotiva XPA 1 mono blocks (two one per front speaker)
Emotiva XPA 5 for the center and rears

I am looking for something with blue tooth, USB, auto correction and easy to use. A EQ would be nice, nothing that is over complicated. I appreciate feedback.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Not exactly sure what your budget is but this MARANTZ 7702mkII is extremely impressive in features and is over 40% off retail at this site - I bought the same one and its been nothing but amazing... You can get the 7701 for MUCH less but it only has AIRPLAY no BLUETOOTH .....

http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...1.2-ch-networking-a/v-preamp/processor/1.html
Not sure I'd go with Marantz. I had one of the earlier pre pros and from day 1 only had problems with it. Sure early on they provided a software update but a new problem would pop up . After the warranty ran out the hdmi input board just went into melt down.
They bring out new models like the change of the season's. To be honest I am avoiding Marantz for life.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.