Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Clicking noise from Onkyo TX-SR606

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jungle Jack 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My Onkyo receiver is hooked to cable TV. Often (not everytime, but very often) during a commercial break, there is a very audible "click" that drops the volume down. But it doesn't happen with every commercial in that 2-3 min break. I heard no such "click" when I hooked up a Denon to the same system.
What could be happening here and should I be concerned? If so, what would be a solution?

Thanks, folks.

#2 ·
Hello,
What you are experiencing is your Onkyo going from 5.1 Dolby Digital to 2.0 (stereo) Commercials. Most National Commercials are in 5.1 and quite loud, but Local Commercials are almost always in 2.0.

This can be changed by going into the Setup Menu of your Onkyo. Click on Listener Mode Preset and under SAT/Cable (or whatever Input your TV is set to) under Analog/PCM and select Pro Logic 2, DTS Neo, etc... The default usually is last valid I think.
Cheers,
JJ

#5 ·
Hello,
The clicking is normal with Onkyo's. It is just the relays going from multichannel to 2 channel. It is audible and can be annoying so I definitely configured mine to where it did not do that.
Cheers,
JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.