Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

No Sub Question in Receiver

Tags
receiver
3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Picture_Shooter 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm not using a sub at this time, I went into speaker setup menu selected no sub. My question is what do I do with the xover setting which is still there? I thought when you select no sub there would be no need for a xover, what am I missing here. Thanks for the time.
Jeff

#2 ·
Hello,
You can set all the other Speakers to Full Range or you can set the Crossover where the LF Cutoff is. Either way, your Speakers can only go as low as they are Designed to go. I would probably set them all to Full Range unless you are using Satellite Speakers.
Cheers,
JJ

#3 ·
Thanks JJ,
I'm not using satellites but the mains go lower than the center and the surrounds, I would like to try and run them both of the ways you suggest, my receiver does not have independent xover settings it would be the same for all. How do you set the receiver to run speakers full range? Thanks again my friend.
Jeff

#4 ·
Hello,
It should say Full Range. Or perhaps 20 Hz or Large. This is in the Speaker Selection or Configuration Menu..
JJ

#5 ·
JJ,
In the menu I can only set speakers to large or small and xover to 40Hz lowest. It does not say full range. I'm still using a legacy Onkyo 702 receiver. Should I just set all speakers to large, leave xover at 40, will this enable to run full range? Thanks.

#7 ·
Thanks Marshall, I will do that, I really appreciate your help. I really don't know what it's like having a real subwoofer, but I'm going to find out in about three weeks, I have an audition set up at the SVS plant in Ohio at the end of the month, they have all new amps in their NSD line and will not be available till the end of Sept. Thanks again for your reply.
Jeff
P.S. Should I keep the center and surrounds at small?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.