Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Does this 5th foot really help???

Tags
foot help???
3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  salvasol 
#1 · (Edited)
I received an email from Yamaha about their new AVR's (AVENTAGE)... they're talking about a 5th foot added to the receiver (see here ...)

this is what they say in their website:

Specially designed 5th Foot
The Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T. Wedge) design improves structural rigidity and reduces vibration resulting is sound improvement

Any opinions???? here is a picture...

Technology Electronics Electronic device Bumper Gadget

See less See more
#5 ·
Hello,
I really think it is one of those "Special Features" that make the additional price of the Aventage Line worthwhile. Somewhat similar to Denon's AVR-A100 having a special "Block Condenser", Cast Iron Footing, and Upgraded Binding Posts to justify the 500 Dollar upcharge over the AVR-4311 on which the A100 is based.
Cheers,
JJ

#6 ·
I'm not surprised they added the 5th foot, seems like it makes sense to me. What's funny is how their putting it at the top of their feature list. I'm not sure the foot does more to provide accurate sound than low-distortion amps, corrective room EQ, or any other spec in their list.

In other words, the implementation is completely reasonable and welcome, but the marketing is just plain silly.

That being said, I'm starting a company that sells aftermarket 5th foots. Get your pre-orders in now.

#9 ·
That being said, I'm starting a company that sells aftermarket 5th foots. Get your pre-orders in now.
Ooooh, I will pre-order mine now. How many do you think I will need? :dontknow:

Please advise price and availability. :sarcastic:

#10 ·
LOL, I have those to. I got a good deal on them from some guy with a couple of teeth missing.....:bigsmile:

#11 ·
I guess this is like going from a 3 wheeler car to a 4 wheeler, and calling the 4th wheel an auto stabilising high velocity rotational handling system, using SCT (surface contact technology) and VCT (velocity control technology). We can all come out with this stuff :D. That said, the 4th wheel still works and does the job, and is worth the extra cost, so while we are being spoon fed tripe from someone who keeps them self employed by coming up with this stuff, its probably fair to say, it does actually do what is claimed. Worth, as ever, is really upto the individual, and we all decide for ourselves if results are worth the premiums asked, and I'm quite sure that for many people, this is a worthwhile product.

The 5th probably does work well, but more so if they had issues to begin with with the bottom of the chassis resonating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.