Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Pioneer SX-950 solid state or tube?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rentonhighlands 
#1 ·
I have a Pioneer SX-950 vitage receiver is it solid state or tube?
It needs some repair. The right channel on any of the A B C cuts out but if you move the wires the connection stays for a bit. I think it is just a connection issue or a cracked soder joint. The volume knob cracks when you move it.

I love the sound it produces a warm sound.

#2 ·
#4 ·
I've used a spray electronics cleaner in pots before. I believe this used to be called pot cleaner. Parts Express, Mouser, and Digikey all sell it -- look for the one with a little tube in the nozzle for fine detail.

Some small pots are tricky, but it works well. If the pot it beyond hope, see if you can get numbers off of it. Sometimes digikey will have an exact replacement available.

Good luck.

#8 ·
Is there a repair manual I can download for my unit? I would like to repair my sx-950 on my own. I took the case cover off but did not want to very much further as I do not want to break something. I would like diagrams to read and follow to make sure I can put it back together properly. Did they make repair manuals for these units like you can get shop manuals for cars?
I wouldn’t mike purchasing a manual

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.