Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Onkyo TX-NR3007 clicking in sub #2 when adjusting volume

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sga2 
#1 ·
I bought a TX-NR3007 this fall. Love it.

It was connected to my 7.1 system (Klipsch Reference and SVS PC12+ sub) from the start with no issues.

Last week, I bought a used PC12+ to complete my 7.2 system. I connected the used unit to the Sub #2 pre-out on the AVR. I noticed that when I turn the AVR volume up and down, I can hear a faint clicking noise from Sub #2 channel. It is very faint, but noticeable when there is no other sound in the room. Thinking it could be a problem with the used sub, I swapped the two subs (so now my original sub is connected to Sub #2) and can still hear the clicking from that channel.

I did some troubleshooting:
  • Same result whether IR repeater is connected or disconnected.
  • Same result whether I use remote or knob on AVR to adjust volume.
Should I be concerned?

Anyone else experience this issue?

Any possible remedy that does not involve sending the AVR back for warranty service?

Thanks,
sga2

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll try that and report.

For clarification, from now on I'm going to refer to my original unit as Unit A and the recently purchased unit as Unit B and the two sub pre-outs as SW1 and SW2 (as they are labelled on the AVR). To clear up any confusion:

When I connect Unit A to SW1 and Unit B to SW2, I hear clicking from Unit B only.

When I connect Unit B to SW1 and Unit A to SW2, I hear clicking from Unit A only.

Thanks,
sga2

#6 ·
UPDATE:

When I connect Unit A to SW2 and disconnect Unit B altogether, I hear clicking from Unit A.

Also, I noticed that the clicking occurs when I have a BluRay playing, but goes away when I stop or even just pause the movie.

?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.