Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Best way to cover Gizmo light while keeping it usable?

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Robscix 
#1 ·
Trying to figure out a way to stop the blinking madness while still being able to see it when I need (so no tape or paint).

The LED flashes when in standby, which is of course annoying.

[/B]ut less obvious and unmentioned is that it's a ******** bright LED when the unit is powered on. Not so good when the room is dim and you're watching a movie.

Yet another problem with the design is the LED is behind a plastic front panel, making it harder to mask the angry blue light.

Any ideas? Functionality is the desired end result, but it sure would be nice if it looked good too.

#4 ·
If you're not going to change the volume TOO often, you can take a small strip of electrical tape and tape a "shade" over it. You can use colored electrical tape (BTW, I like electrical tape as it doesn't leave residue as much as other tape), and a prettier square of material.

Only tape the top, so it acts like a hinge if you need to view the LED......

I cover LED's in my bedroom system with black tape, and there are no distractions at night this way.....

#6 ·
The way to fix the brightness would be to replace the resistor for the LED with a higher value which would dim it, however, that would require tracking down the current value and solder work.

Don't have any ideas how to fix the blinking, that would just drive me insane.

#8 ·
I was thinking on the same lines - adding a tint. :no clue:

An everywhere-available lo-tech solution would be:

1) to get one of these from Staples ...

2) cut a small piece from the color that you like the most, and ...

3) tape it to the Gizmo display with a transparent tape (that does not leave behind the glue)!

... do you think this will work?

Get some window tint and cut a small square the same size as the LED window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.