Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread - Page 76 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #751 of 944 Old 05-19-13, 06:52 PM
Senior Shackster

D

Re: Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread

It sounds like Sherwood's customer service is becoming dodgy.Keep contacting them til' they give you a definitive response.They owe you that much at least!

I think the fact that so many refurbished units were being sold speaks volumes about the products stability, IMHO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 944 Old 05-20-13, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
Drudge wrote: View Post

I think the fact that so many refurbished units were being sold speaks volumes about the products stability, IMHO!
Non of the units sold at accessories4less were refurbished, it is and was the only recommended place to buy them. the unit he bought was used and not bought with a warranty.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #753 of 944 Old 05-21-13, 02:00 AM
Senior Shackster

D

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
Non of the units sold at accessories4less were refurbished, it is and was the only recommended place to buy them. the unit he bought was used and not bought with a warranty.
People have been buying refurbs that come from Sherwood that were being sold on ebay by different sellers for around $300.There seemed to be a lot of them being sold.

I never mentioned about buying refurbs from AC4less.

Have you ever bought a used item with a warranty? I never have.That's new to me.

post #754 of 944 Old 05-22-13, 06:37 PM
Shackster

Well after trying to find a time that my wife was not watching TV, which was the middle of the night, i finally got my 972 all hooked up. Then I had to find a time to get the Trinnov setup done, but finally got that finished. So now I am ready to sit back and enjoy some movies on the new system. I found the manual to be kind of sketchy, but was able to get the assignments done after a little trial and error. The Trinnov was a breeze to setup though. Worked perfect first try. I am still a little concerned about heat as I have it in an AV cabinet. It is open in front and back but surrounded on all sides. I put a pair of cooling fans on top of the receiver that are made for stereos so i think that should move enough air to keep it cool. Just listening to the radio sounded great, so i can't wait to try a movie.
post #755 of 944 Old 05-22-13, 06:46 PM
Shackster

Keep us updated! I may have a chance to try a 972 soon.
post #756 of 944 Old 05-22-13, 07:30 PM
Shackster

Congrats Mike on your new toy! Don't be selfish though. Be sure to share that Trinnov love with others, lol

I love using 2 channel stereo analog out from my CD player to the CD in on the back of the R-972. You can still engage Trinnov if you want even those this way is not digital. While going stereo analog I have Remastering and Pure Audio engaged. I notice the most amount of difference in those features this way! Lots to explore! Enjoy!!!
post #757 of 944 Old 05-24-13, 03:38 PM
Shackster
cconklin1

Quote:
Drudge wrote: View Post
People have been buying refurbs that come from Sherwood that were being sold on ebay by different sellers for around $300.There seemed to be a lot of them being sold.

I never mentioned about buying refurbs from AC4less.

Have you ever bought a used item with a warranty? I never have.That's new to me.
Where do you see used 972's for $300? I can't find ONE let alone "a lot of them being sold"..

As far as buying used item with a warranty, I have bought hundreds of used items that still had factory warranty remaining, not sure the point of your post?
post #758 of 944 Old 05-24-13, 08:01 PM
Shackster

There a guy over at the Emotiva Forum that is in a bind, bought a new one 4 months ago and needs to sell it. 475.00 is what he wants

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...y&thread=30874
post #759 of 944 Old 05-26-13, 01:32 AM
Shackster

bguzman

My System

No thanks been there one that.

In Both Main HT Living Room HT
SIGHT
Mitsubishi ~ Samsung ~ Panasonic ~ Pioneer ~ Oppo ~ Marantz ~ Toshiba
SOUND
Polk ~ Klipsch ~ Sherwood/Newcastle ~ Pro-Ject ~ Def Tech ~ B&W ~ Klipsch ~ Infinity ~ Yamaha
post #760 of 944 Old 05-26-13, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

I have no idea why someone would buy a used 972 when you can get them brand new for $599 at accessories4less (not refurbished) with a 3 year warranty.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900