Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread - Page 81 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #801 of 944 Old 06-19-13, 02:46 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Re: Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
I think there are two common thread sizes used on tripods and the Trinnov mic uses the smaller one. It did not fit on my tripod or my friends. I think you can get an adapter for the smaller size.
Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
This set-up will be more than the tripod but it will be the only thing you need especially if you do REW measurements:

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Stands-M...boom+mic+stand

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-MY200-Un...ef=pd_sim_MI_7

http://www.amazon.com/CM01-Camera-Di...f=pd_sim_MI_11

The last is what I use to attach the Trinnov mic but it also fits Audyssey mics as well. The mic clip should be added since it is only $2.50 but in the whole order the shipping is free.
I already have that very same boom stand, got mic clips with my measurement mics but for $2.50 I can throw that one in.

I do need a tripod for my camera, and part of the appeal of the tripod is the built in level. But the boom will allow me to place the Trinnov mics precisely in the listening position and I can throw a bubble level on it. It's good to have options.

Very cool guys, thanks!

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 11:37 AM

Hi All,

This is my first Post in this forum and I regularly read this along with another forum. About me, i stay in Kuwait and recently got a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 and the issue started as soon as i switched it on.

the unit is connected to a Stavol automatic voltage Stabilizer that outputs both 220V and 110V simultaneously. This is connected to 110V outlet through an adapter as the pins are different. the unit switches on alright but soon the Standby button with the amber color surrounding it starts clicking non-stop. The unit does not power on and I am not sure how even I can reset this unit until i get to the display. I have tried and switched it off atleast 10 times but to no chance, unplugged and plugged in the cord thrice, nope.

Ihav enot connected any cables - HDMi, speaker or subwoofer.

My question to all - Is this because the voltage is only 110V ?
Do I need a stepdown transformer with exact 120V output or this stabilizer would do as the unit has no other problems visibly.
Any help would be a relief, infact keeping my fingers crossed, atleast if I get this to work, trinnov comes so later.

Waiting for your valuable inputs.
post #803 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

There could be a number of issues, one could be the voltage output is too low. Have you confirmed with a voltage meter that it in deed is outputting 110v AC? 110 is a bit low and if the amperage rating of your voltage stabilizer is not sufficient it wont work.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #804 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 12:01 PM
Shackster

Since Kuwait seems to be 50hz, does your Stavol convert to 60hz? That could be the problem.
post #805 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 12:03 PM

Tony, thanks for the fast reply.

the Volt Stab is a 2000W rated one. I will have to buy a voltage meter to test the output. Will check and post here tomorrow. I hope the problem is MAX a bot the voltage being less. Thank you.
post #806 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
StephenR0 wrote: View Post
Since Kuwait seems to be 50hz, does your Stavol convert to 60hz? That could be the problem.
Thats also very possible.
Hope you can fix the issue.

Home theater:
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20

post #807 of 944 Old 08-05-13, 12:11 PM

The link to the STAB is as below

Please Google 'Powerwell' 'd the name is 'Stavol' (system not allowing me to post links.

Stereojeff had 2 months back assured the 972 will work fine in any frequency, infact waiting for his post in another forum but no response from anyone there from yesterday.Hoping for a +ve response.

Also, hoping for the lesser voltage to be the culprit. thanks.

i will buy a voltage mater tomorrow(if possible), check and post here.

Last edited by anooj.mangalam; 08-05-13 at 12:45 PM.
post #808 of 944 Old 08-07-13, 03:17 PM

Tony, you are right on point - the culprit was the AVR that did give out enough voltage(I assume this because I did not use a voltage meter tot test) for 972 to start.

I bought a stepdown transformer that give 110V and no problems. I am yet to connect speakers, cables etc to go into the next stage of issues but the unit is working fine. All other issues are well documented, so I will not trouble anyone with those questions.

I regularly read HTS and AVSforums but never post as I live in Kuwait.Thank you one and all and I will post here about my Trinnov experience. Hope to have great fun using S/N R-972. Infact 60 HZ is not an issue at all because the STAVOL converts frequency too.

Will be back...
post #809 of 944 Old 08-07-13, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Good to hear, let us know your thoughts when you get to that point.

Home theater:

Living room system:

post #810 of 944 Old 09-05-13, 09:20 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Yesterday my R-972 developed a problem where only HDMI 1 is working, all the other HDMI ports will not display video. Has anyone else had a problem like this?
I am guessing it will have to be sent in for repairs. I purchased mine from A4L new so it should still be under warranty?