Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread - Page 85 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #841 of 944 Old 03-07-14, 09:04 AM
Banned!

My System
Re: Sherwood/Newcastle R-972 Official Thread

Quote:
redpark91 wrote: View Post
No, I never had a subwoofer.
Hmmmmmmmmm!

I gotta ask; do you have plans to add one in the near future?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 944 Old 03-09-14, 09:33 PM
Shackster

Quote:
tonyvdb wrote: View Post
And you placed the trinnov mic on a stand at ear level in the listening position?
Yes I did. Also, I repeated the auto setup until I saw the setup results as I expected.
post #843 of 944 Old 03-09-14, 09:40 PM
Shackster

Quote:
BeeMan458 wrote: View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm!

I gotta ask; do you have plans to add one in the near future?
I have no plan to add one yet, however, maybe I will have to change my mind if Trinnov dosen't support 5.0 setup as far as LFE channel goes

post #844 of 944 Old 03-10-14, 10:09 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

If anyone runs across a 972 for sale I am looking and would greatly appreciate it
post #845 of 944 Old 03-14-14, 01:05 AM
Shackster
doug

Read through the thread here, confirmed latest firmware, conducted reset and still get no sound or picture at all. everything hdmi: monitor out: LG 55LHX, HDMI1: cable box, HDMI2:apple tv 2, HDMI3: panny BDT500. No sound from test tone (while receiver's display shows cycling through speakers), no response from 'display', 'setup' or 'monitor output' buttons. Really at a loss on where to go from here. Unit was open box from A4L a week and a half ago, so still well within return window, but given these are no longer available, I want to make sure I'm not missing something before returning it. If I were seeing something, anything, I'd be more likely to think it is simply a setup issue, but it is a bit hard to get into the menu when it will not display OSD to monitor, or even respond to the 'setup' button on the receiver's display. nothing. Shouldn't the test tones at least produce noise?
post #846 of 944 Old 03-14-14, 02:16 AM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Looks like you got a lemon, sorry to say. I have 2 972's and never once experienced what you're going through except no test tones for me either so I don't know why you not getting any output.

I am still crossing my fingers both my 972's keep on working and I hope you get yours working as well as it really is worth it.
post #847 of 944 Old 03-14-14, 11:35 AM
Shackster
doug

Quote:
Stereojeff wrote: View Post
Call Eugene in Sherwood tech support at 714 739-2000 and ask.

Jeff
Does anyone have a current number where I can reach tech support for S-N? The numbers on the website are in error (get a person, but not Sherwood support… they gave me another number, but I'm not sure it is Sherwood… left a msg). The number provided by stereojeff goes to voicemail, but all mailboxes are full. I think they may have changed distributors, but cannot find the contact info for support.
post #848 of 944 Old 04-10-14, 03:16 PM

Quote:
sandbagger wrote: View Post
If anyone runs across a 972 for sale I am looking and would greatly appreciate it
Hi, I have one avail. I bought two right at the end of availability from AC4L. This one is the next to last one they had and the last sold hours later. Just took delivery of both in Jan. this year. Just opened for a quick test to make sure it worked. Things have pretty drastically changed with us since, with health related costs and inability to keep at my line of work. Looks like my back-up needs to go. I have the receipt and have a 713 count feedback at 100% perfect over on the bay...and a'gon, but would like to avoid the fees. I will help arrange for service if needed down the road for the remainder of its 3 year warranty. Respond with contact info if interested.

Last edited by rob755; 04-10-14 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling
post #849 of 944 Old 04-10-14, 03:29 PM
Shackster

Quote:
dougri wrote: View Post
Does anyone have a current number where I can reach tech support for S-N? The numbers on the website are in error (get a person, but not Sherwood support… they gave me another number, but I'm not sure it is Sherwood… left a msg). The number provided by stereojeff goes to voicemail, but all mailboxes are full. I think they may have changed distributors, but cannot find the contact info for support.
They're now apparently a nameplate for "American Audio/Video", as per the Sherwood USA site. Did you try calling the customer support number from the Contact part of their site, which was (866) 916-4667? Or ask AC4L if they had a contact for warranty/service?
post #850 of 944 Old 04-29-14, 03:18 PM
Shackster
sam

Quote:
rob755 wrote: View Post
Hi, I have one avail. I bought two right at the end of availability from AC4L. This one is the next to last one they had and the last sold hours later. Just took delivery of both in Jan. this year. Just opened for a quick test to make sure it worked. Things have pretty drastically changed with us since, with health related costs and inability to keep at my line of work. Looks like my back-up needs to go. I have the receipt and have a 713 count feedback at 100% perfect over on the bay...and a'gon, but would like to avoid the fees. I will help arrange for service if needed down the road for the remainder of its 3 year warranty. Respond with contact info if interested.
I'm interested in buying it. I'll send you a PM now since this is my 5th post :-)