Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Yamaha Aventage Line, good for 4 ohm speakers ??

13K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  8086 
#1 ·
Are the new Yamaha Aventage AV recievers like the 1020 or 1030 good to drive 4 ohm speakers ??

#2 ·
I dont see why not, the challenge is that 4 ohm speakers will make the amps run hotter but the Advantage line is Yamaha's upper end receiver so I would think they would alow for that.

#4 ·
In the spec's just for the A1020 it says
Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 135/165/210/280 W
So its been tested to run 4ohms for sure.

#6 ·
My guess for the lack of popularity is that they employ their own version of room correction instead of Audessy which is used by Denon, Marantz, and Onkyo. Yamaha receivers are very well built and have one of the highest reliability ratings going. Their customer support is also top notch.

#7 ·
I agree, Yamaha makes a solid receiver and last. The biggest downfall i think is the room correction as it does not eq below 63Hz I was a huge Yamaha fan for many many years and still have several Yamaha components from the early 90s that I use I would recommend them without hesitation.

#8 ·
I'm still running my Yamaha. The Aventage should run 4 ohm speakers without hesitation. Although as of the current generation of receivers, I do like the Marantz units much better. They have good AUDYSSEY EQ and have a much clearer sound than the latest Yamahas. But if you are insistent on Yamaha, you won't hear much gripe out of me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.