Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

The Marantz AV7701 Giveaway

20K views 107 replies 51 participants last post by  rab-byte 
#1 ·
The Marantz AV7701 Preamp/Processor Giveaway

Marantz and HTS have teamed up for yet another stellar giveaway that is going to make one of our members very happy!

Here are the the main features of the AV7701:
  • Audiophile preamplifier delivers exceptional audio and video performance
  • Supports 7.2 surround sound speaker configurations
  • Premium decoding and processing
  • for high-fidelity sound
  • Audyssey MultEQXT and DSX for balanced, cinematic soundstage
  • 4K upscaling and pass-through for enhanced picture quality
Read all about the Marantz AV7701 at the Marantz website!

Please pay close attention to the qualifications for the giveaway:
  1. Qualification Period is from December 8, 2013 (Today) thru February 28, 2014.

2. You must have 50 posts in the forum by the end of the qualification period. If you currently have 50 posts, you have met this specific qualification, but may still need to meet the other qualifications. For further clarification, if you currently have 1 post, you need 49 additional posts by February 28, 2014... if you currently have 15 posts, you need 35 additional posts by February, 2014... if you have 45 posts, you need 5 more... etc, etc.

3. As of the posting of this giveaway (December 8, 2013 8:00PM), you MUST have already posted at least once since October 1, 2013. If you have been playing hooky... shame on YOU! This giveaway is for members who have been active recently. Remember that it can be beneficial to post consistently at HTS! If you have just found us, hang with us because we have a lot of giveaways!

4. In addition to having 50 posts, you need to make one meaningful post (during the qualification period) in one of the threads in our Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2013 Show Coverage forum... in one of those threads that has the least amount of replies. We are trying to generate more activity in that forum, especially for those threads that have not received much attention. You can help us by making several posts in those threads, particular the threads with no replies or very few replies. If you visit that forum, you will see that some threads have no replies and some have very few... those are the ones for which we want to get some activity generated. Thank you for your help!

5. Once you have qualified (and ONLY after you are qualified) please post in the Qualification Thread and tell us you would like to be entered into the drawing for the giveaway.

We will draw the winner the first part of March 2014!

Qualification and shipping is limited to U.S. addresses only (CONUS).

You must have a permanent residence in the United States in order to qualify.

Good luck!

As we always say... thanks for being a member at Home Theater Shack!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Sonnie, I read the qualification instructions very carefully :neener: and can't help but notice that, based on the dates given, you won't have a single qualified member until February 28th, 2014 . . . :laugh:

Just getting smart with ya. I'm such a pain! :rofl2: :bigsmile:

#19 ·
You guys are amazing! Freebies, freebies, and more freebies! Here is my "smiley" response to all the give-aways:

:D:T:rubeyes::joke::jump::jiggy::clap::daydream::praying::yay::dancebanana::5stars:
:fireworks3::fireworks1::fireworks2:

Sonnie, could you give a little bit more clarification to this???

"that has the least amount of replies during the qualification period"

I understand the premise and have posted with "quality posts" in that forum, but am not sure how to figure out which one has the least amount of replies... Or were you simply stating that that part of the forum currently has the least amount of replies?

#20 ·
You are only grabbing part of the qualification. If I only read that part, I would not understand it either. If you keep it in context and keep on reading, I explain what we are trying to do.

We are trying to generate more activity in that forum, especially for those threads that have not received much attention.

So... if you go to the RMAF forum and see a thread there that has no replies, those are the ones we need help with.

I have somewhat reworded it for hopefully better clarification.

#28 ·
After winning this beautiful processor, it would be a bit of a challenge to choose an amp to go with it! I'd want to take advantage of those balanced connections, so maybe the Outlaw Model 7700 (7x200) would be at the top of my list. I don't think Emotiva offers a 7-ch balanced input amp at the moment. What else are you guys dreaming about to power yours?

#29 ·
I would go with the matching marantz amp the MM8077. Nice 7 channel amp albeit on the expensive side. May even decide on the 5 channel amp MM7055 as it is way cheaper and I only have 5.1 setup anyways. I could always add the MM7025 later on if need be. It would be a beautiful sight to see all the blue lit portholes in the entertainment rack!!!

#30 ·
I'd need a 5ch amp and a head amp (my avr is across the room from my seat so running a headphone cable is a pain. The AV7701 has a "media player" loop that can down mix multi-channel to stereo inside its ADC. By looping that I can push an HDMI signal through analog audio out zone2 into a headphone amp by my couch.

Then I just need to do some custom programming that will toggle zone2 power and zone1 mute at the push of the mute button.

Poof fully integrated head-amp via zone2 with no need to run additional analog cables.

#32 ·
Wow, Another fantastic giveaway here at HTS..:T

#41 ·
Wow! This is an impressive giveaway. I have the AV8801 and it is a wonderful beast. My work area needs a good front end and this would fit the bill very, very nicely.

For those that haven't checked out Marantz gear lately, they have some nice kit on the shelves. I love the pure direct mode and I'll be eventually taking advantage of the 4K TV features (pass through AND upscaling available) too. iPod integration is very nice and there's an app to turn your iPhone into a remote too (assuming you hook into the web with your pre pro.

Someone is going to be very, very happy when they find out they've won this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.