JBL LSR305 LCR
Fluance SXBP Bipolar Surround
SVS SB13 Ultra
Yamaha RX-A840BL
Samsung 4K 65" Curved
Xbox One 4K

See less See more
#5 ·
I think proper setup can go much farther than throwing money. Again, welcome.

Bingo. Smart purchases and research can really make the difference. There are those who can throw a bunch of money at a system to get results, and those who throw a lot of research at a system. Most of the time a smartly designed budget theater can outperform a high price tag theater that's just thrown together without the research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Looks great! I love my JBLs too...

#8 ·
New couch since original post updated the pictures.

Thanks guys, yes it sounds very nice. Had to find something that was compact but packed a punch and having a pair of 305s and sub with my computer system I figured I'd just add three more speakers and call it a day.

I have a pair of Polk SRS 3.1TL Mains, Polk CS350 LS Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds, SVS PB12-NSD, along with a row of 3 Palliser seating in the basement. Currently those fun items are not set up since moving into home. Hopefully I can start working on a room down there.

#12 ·
Very nice set up, I know space is limited but have you tried moving the couch a few feet away from the wall? It probably would give you even better surround sound performance.

#19 ·
Here is the final room layout. I noticed the old picture was featured on Facebook. Changes have been 60in TV and adding the SVS SB13 Ultra with bi polar surround speakers mounted on wall. The other day I moved the couch out from the wall a tad and put the sub behind the couch and it sounds great has the tactile feel during scenes.

Attachments

#20 ·
Hey C750!

I've been perusing the web for some time now trying to figure a way to use my LSR305's for surround sound and stumbled across this! I had a question about your connections, not only the cables involved to connect your JBL's to the Yamaha receiver but also which ports you've connected them to (on the Yamaha)? I presume your using RCA-Y to 1/4-TS patch cables and connecting them from your LSR305's to the "Front", "Surround", "Sur. Back", "Center", and "Zone 2" analog inputs on the RX-A840 for 5.1? Correct me if I'm wrong!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.