YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 07-15-16, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig

Finally got my 2nd sub, wow what a difference using duel subs from one , never thought it would be that big of a difference mostly being in a apartment... so my big question is right now i have the onkyo tx-nr901 I've he'd it since it came out, but now I'm looking at more and the nr901 doesn't have the HDMI , and I was wondering what would be a good receiver that's 5.2 and with HDMI Jacks on it cause now I'm using optical from cable and dvd. So is it worth it to up grade to HDMI , probably so but I really like onkyo so I was trying to look for one between 5-600.00 even know i paid alot more for the one I have it looks like i can get something better for half the price.
Attached Thumbnails
YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig-20160715_141356_1468632527394.jpg  

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig-2016-02-16-10_1468632595864.06.04.jpg  

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig-20160210_092503_1468632651177.jpg  

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig-20160303_153334_1468632723983.jpg  

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig-20160520_140644_1468632748962.jpg  

tesseract, tripplej and afterlife2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-18-16, 04:06 PM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Re: YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig

Beautiful looking set-up!

As for your question about a decent receiver with HDMI... if you go that route, you'll be able to connect your TV direct to the receiver and manage multiple HDMI inputs... might come in handy.

In that range, pretty much any of the name brand receivers will do the trick...I don't think you could go wrong with the Pioneer VSX-1131....its Class D amp will certainly run cooler than the Class A/B amp on your Onkyo.
post #3 of 12 Old 07-18-16, 06:59 PM
Elite Shackster

I agree with Todd.

Great setup. What is the size of the TV? I like the spacing you did. Very clean and very neat. I also like the wall color.

Having two subs there will definitely make a big difference! I also have 2 subs and I can feel it.

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-18-16, 07:49 PM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Agree as well, very nice looking room! Do you have a specific need for an HDMI capable AVR? I mean more than convenience. Which is not a bad reason at all.

I could recommend getting acoustical treatments first. I'm betting that would give you a bigger boost in performance that you might appreciate more. Just me thinking out loud again (I see that window & cringe a little). I recommend a stand alone panel at the 1st reflection point there (both sides actually, you can hang it on the wall on the other side. Then proceed from there). Do you have the ability to download REW & measure the room?
post #5 of 12 Old 07-18-16, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Agree as well, very nice looking room! Do you have a specific need for an HDMI capable AVR? I mean more than convenience. Which is not a bad reason at all.

I could recommend getting acoustical treatments first. I'm betting that would give you a bigger boost in performance that you might appreciate more. Just me thinking out loud again (I see that window & cringe a little). I recommend a stand alone panel at the 1st reflection point there (both sides actually, you can hang it on the wall on the other side. Then proceed from there). Do you have the ability to download REW & measure the room?
So for a stand alone panel how big would something like that be?
post #6 of 12 Old 07-19-16, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

That tv there is a 65"
post #7 of 12 Old 07-19-16, 03:30 AM
Shackster

Alan

Nice set up mate.Very professional looking and very neat and the DVD rack in the corner is a great idea.You also have room for more components if needed.Tv is just the right size for the room.
post #8 of 12 Old 07-19-16, 09:09 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
Yukonjack wrote: View Post
So for a stand alone panel how big would something like that be?
This is a great company...and their website is loaded with awesome information. You can even buy DIY supplies through them...

http://www.gikacoustics.com
post #9 of 12 Old 07-19-16, 11:39 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System

Todd wrote:

Quote:
This is a great company...and their website is loaded with awesome information. You can even buy DIY supplies through them...

http://www.gikacoustics.com
+1
post #10 of 12 Old 07-21-16, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks for the info, so now I have another question..... since I was explaining that my receiver doesn't have the HDMI hook ups so I was using optical from my bluray to receiver, is it better to use multiple channel over optical and add the panels rather then buy a new receiver for now?